Undercoating near Chicago - South? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a good undercoating place near the South end of Chicago or South suburbs. Just bought a 1990 FJ62 from down in Texas and it's super rust-free. While I don't plan to drive it regularly during the salt season, I do want to be able to use it when needed...if I don't the wife will kill me for buying a "useless toy". :dead:

While I plan to do the regular stuff, wash after driving, get several coats of Collinite on body (especially door bottoms, rockers and other stuff near the ground), I'd like to get the bottom sprayed to help protect the stuff I'm not going to wax the hell out of.

I don't have a ton of time (lots of kid sports on weekends) or a heated garage, so I'm not looking to make this a DIY project, I'd like to find someone who can do it and just get it done. My free time will be spent waxing, fixing some interior stuff and getting the power windows to move up and down for now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm not from your area.
However I did put "undercoating in South Chicago" into my Google Machine and got many places with good reviews.

Thanks...that will be my next step. Was hoping a Mudder had some experience with a shop before I went in cold. Figured up here in Chicago someone with an LC would have done it to help keep the rot away.

Thanks...that will be my next step. Was hoping a Mudder had some experience with a shop before I went in cold. Figured up here in Chicago someone with an LC would have done it to help keep the rot away.

I can't speak for lurkers, but I don't know anyone on here that wouldn't just get drunk on a Saturday and between doing actual work on the truck, apply undercoating...

Not in the south suburbs, but @GoISU applies fluid film to several fellow mudders. His price is way cheaper than any shop so might worth the drive to Wheaton.

I have not used them, but have gotten quotes from Ziebart. They seemed to be rated pretty highly when I Was looking into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom