Undercarriage Rust... Would you run away?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, very tempted by importing a special KZJ78 Prado I've had my eyes on. Undercarriage pics are, well.... not what I'd like to be seeing.

Interested in hearing your opinions. Do you think this is just a shoddy, lazy undercoating attempt? Or an attempt to disguise a completely and horribly rusted undercarriage?

Do you think it's remotely possible to descale and undercoat upon import?

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 12.22.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 12.23.05 AM.png

TY220349-43.jpg

TY220349-48.jpg

The first picture looks like impact damage and rust. The body mount clip looks wrong.

kinda tough to tell but it looks like theres rust scale under the undercoating/paint job. everything is repairable with enough time and money, but I would want to see in person if possible and if not maybe wait for another. or use the rust a negotiation point to lower the price

That 3rd picture looks like pretty heavy rust hidden by black paint.

Thanks guys.

@Bunga yes, I noticed that about the body mount clip as well.

Seems like it's too unpredictable to buy sight unseen, in person.

@bigredmachine the price is already low due to the rust, and could likely be negotiated even lower. Just not sure if it's worth it regardless. It would be my daily driver, not a project car to sit in the garage.

That 3rd picture is enough to make me walk away. It looks like they're hiding something and that's not the kinda person you want to buy a car from!

That first picture on the left isde where the 2 bolts are look like flaking rust painted over. The right by the body mount has rust that was missed by the black paint and it is heavy rust not light. This is not a daily driver level vehicle by any stretch.

if your willing to take the risk knowing that it could be crusty you can always do a part out after giving it the dd treatment and you find a better one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom