Under intake manifold vacuum hose diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on my 96 LC, replacing some missing bolt, put my hand thru the upper and lower manifold and noticed to the left (facing the manifold part of the engine) to the left a hose dangling which appeared to come from the upper manifold, another hose dangling which appeared to come from the TB, and a 3rd dangling pointing towards the front of the vehicle, this one had another hard line right next to it with no hose or anything on it, so I bypassed my EGR how important are these under there? Can I block them off? I plugged each one with a nail and no change to how the motor ran. Any advise would be helpful, there are 3 hoses but 4 ports,

@Gunrunner235 I like to use google to more effectively search this forum.

For example, if you want to find out if all your lines are properly routed under your intake plenum, type into Google any combination of words “vacuum line routing, 1fz-fe, 1h8mud.” You can be creative with your word choice and order. Another effective search parameter example, “199x 80 series Land Cruiser vacuum routing, Ih8mud.”

Searching this way will help bring up all previous Ih8mud threads of the same topic and you can normally find exactly what you’re looking for without creating a new thread on something that has been discussed numerous times.

Working on my 96 LC, replacing some missing bolt, put my hand thru the upper and lower manifold and noticed to the left (facing the manifold part of the engine) to the left a hose dangling which appeared to come from the upper manifold, another hose dangling which appeared to come from the TB, and a 3rd dangling pointing towards the front of the vehicle, this one had another hard line right next to it with no hose or anything on it, so I bypassed my EGR how important are these under there? Can I block them off? I plugged each one with a nail and no change to how the motor ran. Any advise would be helpful, there are 3 hoses but 4 ports,
There is supposed to be a hose routing sticker on the underside of the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom