Under Hood Heat on '91-92's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been noticing that the blower/cooling electric fan comes on when I park the truck in the garage. It's soooo hot here right now, I've decided to lift the hood when I park it. I've noticed that the fan hasn't needed to come on. I can only think that this would be good for the EFI fuse, since 3FE's have such a problem with them getting too hot. So far I've not had any starting problems, even in the 100+ days we're having here in the South East.

Just a thought for my 3FE bretheren...

P.S. I finally bought some new BFG AT's in a 33x12:50 for the Cruiser. I LOVE them. With th new shocks and tires, the ride is absolutey plush. I think a bit too plush. I just need to get to that lift... :D

With my hoodspacers on in the summer, the fan rarely comes on. All that insulation sure traps the heat from those hot blooded 3FEs

damm thing wont let me post a pic ....Sorry

i notice mine comes on after stopping, i figure its better then not coming when needed

i notice mine comes on after stopping, i figure its better then not coming when needed

Only a seaman would say that... :D

Couldn't resist.

Hey Nashville Cruisers. We meed to get some rides together for the fall.

With my hoodspacers on in the summer, the fan rarely comes on. All that insulation sure traps the heat from those hot blooded 3FEs

What spacer height did you determine was the best?

Steve

1/2" is plenty enough, right now I am still at 1-1/2", which is way too much...I just haven't gone and bought shorter bolts for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom