Under dash help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a little help with my 71 40. Bought this with a sbc and converted to a 2f with 4spd and splitcase. Looking to clean up brackets under dash and eliminate if possible. 2 brackets are closer to drivers side with the 3rd bracket closer to glovebox. I believe #1 is the vacuum shift transfer bracket? Bracket 2 and 3 have plastic bushings. Thanks for the help.

7A62A2D8-E4F3-4DDD-8C38-670C7359E101.jpeg

I'm thinking the pivot bracket was from the old transfer case shifter linkage, it was a handle near your right knee above the gas pedal that you pulled for N and 4L

Actually that bracket that hangs down is to support the end of the cable and knob for the vacuum operated 4WD.

Can't really see what 3 is but 2 does support the rod for high/low shifter under the dash. If three has a hole like 2 sure it's the one for the other side. My 68 and 70 are at another location other could get more pictures. Cut my 68 dash for a radio but thinking may fill it in and go back to dash operated transfer case when I paint it.

Yes 3 does have a hole like 2. I have welded up a radio hole also. Just trying to clean up dash. This is the only other pic I have at moment.

6CA679B3-F83B-4154-A724-9F0804E10F10.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom