Unbelievable - Head gasket failing again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So last night we went to dinner at a friend's who lives high in the hills and he was borrowing my utility trailer so I brought it with me. He's doing some landscaping projects around the house and I have a huge one. I noticed the truck hesitated a couple times on the long steep stretch up the mountain but figured it was a hiccup of bad fuel from filling up earlier that day.

Then on the way home, the temp gauge dropped a bit for a mile. I stopped and checked it out on the side of the road with a flashlight and all looked fine.

Then this morning I went out to get something and there was a puddle of coolant on the garage floor back by the tranny. A couple minutes work with a mirror and a flashlight and I can see a pink crusted line off the back of the head. Unbelievable. I'm sitting here with a stomach full of battery acid at the thought of opening it up again......

DougM

Sorry man...

Hey theres a guy on the list selling a head gasket DVD and shipping should be pretty quick too ;)

Sorry to hear this

whatever you did to piss Dan off, I want to know

Sorry Doug.

So last night we went to dinner at a friend's who lives high in the hills and he was borrowing my utility trailer so I brought it with me. He's doing some landscaping projects around the house and I have a huge one. I noticed the truck hesitated a couple times on the long steep stretch up the mountain but figured it was a hiccup of bad fuel from filling up earlier that day.

Then on the way home, the temp gauge dropped a bit for a mile. I stopped and checked it out on the side of the road with a flashlight and all looked fine.

Then this morning I went out to get something and there was a puddle of coolant on the garage floor back by the tranny. A couple minutes work with a mirror and a flashlight and I can see a pink crusted line off the back of the head. Unbelievable. I'm sitting here with a stomach full of battery acid at the thought of opening it up again......

DougM
Do you have a stock temp gauge?

Sorry, I gotta ask ... is this the head that was cracked and then repaired with that wierd push plug method???

ouch!

and to happen to a good guy too...

sorry to read this.

good thing is that it'll take you only 20 mins to change the HG (if that's what it is) this time around... :)

bad thing is that you're messing up big time my HG failure poll! :D

(and interesting that the temp went down...)

if not april 1, take a close look at the heater hoses. i am still having problems with the one that goes into the rear fire hose. it seems to randomly leak on me. and coolant pooling on the floor sounds like a pretty serious head leak but a normal hose leak.

Hehhehehehehehaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

April 1 it is - Phil gets a free cup of coffee next time he's in N. Idaho!!!!!!!!!

I think if someone searches I get almost everybody every April Fool's Day. Don't you guys ever learn?? Hehhhhhh........

Nice to know you care, though....

DougM

OK, I take back what I said about it happening to a good guy...! :D

and there is no way you could do it in 20 mins, ya big :censor: !! :D :D :D

there....! :)

<snicker>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom