"UN Spec" H151F? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not really breaking it down in terms of H150 vs H151 but good info on the Cruiser trans so posting here.

I like the sounds of their upgrades.

Cheers

Anyone have firsthand experience with 360 Gear boxes or have one installed in their truck? If so, which model truck and what are your impressions? Having the extra 4-500RPM in fifth gear sounds really nice.

Are these units "Factory" well built? Reputable sellers? Forgive the suspicious sounding questions. Just curious for more information from our friends from downunder. :)

Thank you in advance for more info.

Anyone have firsthand experience with 360 Gear boxes or have one installed in their truck? If so, which model truck and what are your impressions? Having the extra 4-500RPM in fifth gear sounds really nice.

Are these units "Factory" well built? Reputable sellers? Forgive the suspicious sounding questions. Just curious for more information from our friends from downunder. :)

Thank you in advance for more info.

Without watching that again, was it an 'extra' 4-500rpm reduction from standard?

I had taller diff gears and 35s on my HZJ105 which gave me 13% higher final gearing.
It was too much IMO.

I found I had to downshift far more often on the highway as RPM in 5th was just too low, and out of the sweet spot in the torque/power band.

4-500 drop in RPM is roughly 20% change, or more.

Some feedback on the H152 suggests the same is true with it.

Search the 70s section on lcool.org/forum, there'll be experience of these there for sure

I just ran across this on LCOOL while searching for more information about the H152. Looks like a nice option with a decent price.

5th Gear Ratio Change suitable for Landcruiser HDJ VDJ 76 78 79

Does anyone have any experience with this Terrain Tamer 5th gear set change out with an HDJ? Before and after data included? The fellas on LCOOL say it works with any H15* transmission whether HDJ or VDJ. I'm interested. :)

I just ran across this on LCOOL while searching for more information about the H152. Looks like a nice option with a decent price.

5th Gear Ratio Change suitable for Landcruiser HDJ VDJ 76 78 79

Does anyone have any experience with this Terrain Tamer 5th gear set change out with an HDJ? Before and after data included? The fellas on LCOOL say it works with any H15* transmission whether HDJ or VDJ. I'm interested. :)

Do some more searching on lcool.
There's feedback that the tall 5th gear in the H152 I'd a little too tall, and the terrain tamer conversion has an even taller 5th gear.

My experience with a tuned up HDJ81 with H151, 4.1 gears, and 35" tyres (10% rubber overdrive) was that having a final drive ratio any higher would shift the engine out of its sweet spot in the torque curve to easily on the highway and with 35s I had to change down a lot more often on the highway than when running 33s (5% overdrive)

From the Aussies....

Cheers

Awesome find, Ian, thank you for sharing.

Makes me think about a lot of stuff, including TC overdrive gear sets and A750F transmission swaps..... :)

Hi guys, with your permission I am bringing back this topic for a short question.
About 2 years ago I presented my 1HD-T engine transplant into a HZJ105.
I also came across the same issue, with this engine swap I was in need for a tougher gearbox. Originally the HZJ105 has the R151F gearbox, so I was looking for a H150/H151 gearbox. Actually the best fit would have been the H150 coming from an HDJ 78/79 in order to preserve my interior setup, with the wide double bench and forward positioned shifter.
Another issue that I was supposed to address as soon as I would get hold of a H150, was the 5th gear as with the H15X gearboxes, the 5th is notoriously short, the ratio is 0,881 (even shorter than the R's 5th). One option was buying the "360" overdrive gear box, but they did not answer my emails for half year, then I finally received an offer which was simply too much. Another option would be the Terrain Tamer kit which uplifts the 5th from 0,881 to 0,736, thus resulting in a 400RPM drop at 100 km/h. But this is also no easy, nor cheap solution, beside the 5th gear kit, it is necessary to make an overhaul of that gearbox when the kit is installed.

So, while I was looking for all that, I have learned that TOYOTA has introduced end of 2016 a revised version of the H150 gearboxes that feature a taller 2nd and 5th. Although I found this information, I could not find the exact ratios these gearboxes have. They are available for 2017 or newer VDJ/GRJ 78/79. I was able to identify the part number for such a gearbox: 33030-60B92 and this is available, I can order it as a spare part.
So the question I mentioned at the beginning of my topic is: does anyone knows the gear ratios for these 2017 -> H150 gearboxes?

Regarding the fitment to my 1HD-T powered HZJ105, I am well aware that I am going to need a different bellhousing and input shaft, but if the gearbox comes with a taller 5th, than it's worth doing it.

Thanks!

The H152 is as below for ratios. Which is the 2017 on box. You will need to change the bellhousing and input shaft, transfer will bolt up. To change the input shaft, the whole box needs to be pulled down voiding any warranty if you care about that.
1st: 4.529:1
2nd: 2.294:1
3rd: 1.490:1
4th: 1:000:1
5th: 0.750:1

Thanks a lot for your answer, looks like it is what I am looking for.
Anyone can tell if the pn# I posted before is in deed the 2017-> VDJ78/79 gearbox?

Screenshot_20201024-095129_Chrome.jpg

Take that as you will. It's information from a 3rd party, not Toyota but looks correct

33030-60C50 is the proper part number for H152F gearbox. I’d be careful ordering the above part number as there’s a good chance it will not have the taller 2/5th gears.

33030-60C50 is the proper part number for H152F gearbox. I’d be careful ordering the above part number as there’s a good chance it will not have the taller 2/5th gears.

I guess this is right. Thanks @Workhorse for your head's up!

GCC.jpg

The pn# 33030-60B92 is indeed listed as H150, as shown above. This means the GCC VDJ7# did not receive the taller gearbox in 2017.

LHD Australia.jpg

The pn# 33030-60C50, 33030-60C51 are listed as H152.
And unfortunately looks like the H152 is not available in Europe, it is only available for RHD vehicles in Australian market.
This is just another sign that I am dwelling in the wrong part of the world...

What prevents someone to order from a dealership and have them ship it wherever we want? I’d bet someone would help at a Toyota dealership. Selling H152’s around the world sounds like quite an opportunity for someone.

OK, than a question for the Aussies reading this: can anyone please ask for an offer for a new or used H152 gearbox, pn#: 33030-60C51
I promise I will not ask you to buy it for me :), but at least I'll be able to tell if it makes sense to start a logistic effort to bring it to Europe.

OK, than a question for the Aussies reading this: can anyone please ask for an offer for a new or used H152 gearbox, pn#: 33030-60C51
I promise I will not ask you to buy it for me :), but at least I'll be able to tell if it makes sense to start a logistic effort to bring it to Europe.
I haven't priced one for a while but $3800 AUD was about the going rate for a new box a little while ago when I was wondering about it for my HDJ80. Happy to hit up the dealer tomorrow if you'd like an up to date price?

I haven't priced one for a while but $3800 AUD was about the going rate for a new box a little while ago when I was wondering about it for my HDJ80. Happy to hit up the dealer tomorrow if you'd like an up to date price?

If you can ask for the price for that particular pn# 33030-60C51, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom