Un-Pimp my Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eco 45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Base of the Three Sisters Mountains Oregon
Website
www.eco-offroad.com
Been trying to sell this truck, however I seem to get continued harassment about the interior that occupies this truck:

4242474562_efc8a8a27a_m.jpg

I guess brown diamond pattern is no longer cool---or maybe just everyone is jealous!! I happen to have another set of 45 seats sitting around so I began the process of stripping the interior.
5694748116_bbba35837f_m.jpg

5694747956_a09d3550d9_m.jpg

I also pulled up the very nice carpet to find that the previous owner must have never closed the windows as the carpet had been wet several times making it bond to the floor. So I broke out the grinder and wire wheel and went to town.
5694175215_1c1845138c_m.jpg

5694175691_489c88c5a4_m.jpg

There are a few small areas of pinhole rust--however the floor is still in pretty good shape. I hit the floor again with the wire wheel and then coated it with a nasty chemical to neutralize the floor so that it can be painted---now I have to wait 48 hours before I can do anything else with the inside of the truck.

I am guessing to match the interior the previous owner also placed this lovely checker plating on the tail gate.
4241704599_66c8756b33_m.jpg

Undo the several screws and have the large metal shoot off the tail gate like a spring hitting me in the shin and this is what you get:
5694747686_1d0c0b3446_m.jpg
5694747520_c8e3906ea1_m.jpg

Here is a couple photos of the doors:

5694174131_0800b3c4fc_m.jpg

5694173985_9ab030f88a_m.jpg

Looks good. Are those "reverse lights" clear bib lights?

I see a price increase coming. :)

Nope just doing it out of my love for these old trucks and wanting to see more of them back on the roads.

Looks good. Are those "reverse lights" clear bib lights?

I think more of a homemade version hooked to a switch on the dash---I have fixed some of the wiring as the previous owner had some interesting way's of doing things....as can be seen by the previous interior.

One thing nice about the truck is that when they installed the 307 they used the original mounts so if someone wanted to go back to an F engine it would be a simple unbolt procedure.

Larry, the original owner had that truck for a long time, I'm not sure how long but he was disabled or semi-retired and would hangout at his buddies muffler shop and that is the source of the unique headache rack. He also was really proud of the diamond tuck interior and had also replaced the rear springs with some custom ones made. I asked him about the custom work and he said he thought the original HA rack looked like a headboard for a bed..
Interestingly enough I remember seeing the window down a lot. It doesn't rain a whole lot where it came from so I'm going to guess it was mainly the carpet effect. AFAIK he put the diamond plate on too..
A pretty decent specimen, I think whoever buys it will be very pleased.

More updates---this is after the rust removal and rust encapsulation paint applied:

5710538889_8ea44499db_m.jpg

5711100218_b2e6277562_m.jpg

And now the new seats:

5711099310_48b089b9d5_m.jpg

5710542029_c63792b5a8_m.jpg

Although I left one reminder of its former life....:
5711099034_be9d7f4bd7_m.jpg

She is a great truck and will treat her next owner right---seems to have covered quite a bit of the US in hear life. And I am sure she will cover much more.

Someone buy this...

Nice rig...and good guy

Thats where I bought mine.............!!

Someone buy this...

Nice rig...and good guy

Thats where I bought mine.............!!

Have a retired school teacher coming up on Tuesday to take this girl home. So thanks for the bump and she will be going to a good home.

Is the school teacher a Cruiser Head, or a 'gee, that's a cool old pickup and I'd love to take it hunting' Head? A rig like that really needs to go to a loving/obsessed Cruiser Head.:grinpimp:

Cheers,

Josh

Is the school teacher a Cruiser Head, or a 'gee, that's a cool old pickup and I'd love to take it hunting' Head? A rig like that really needs to go to a loving/obsessed Cruiser Head.:grinpimp:

Cheers,

Josh

Nothing really wrong with a hunter buying it. The hunter trying to sell the 1970 has owned it since new. Now forty-one years later a cruiser head has a chance to buy a very clean rust free cruiser.
004.JPG

Nothing really wrong with a hunter buying it. The hunter trying to sell the 1970 has owned it since new. Now forty-one years later a cruiser head has a chance to buy a very clean rust free cruiser.

I didn't mean to imply that I had anything against hunters (far from it). What I meant to imply was that it would be shame if a rig like this went to someone for whom it would be a rig not to be worried about which could be bashed up and smashed in to things until it no longer ran and then left to rot in a field.

Perhaps I should have used the words 'weekend warrior' in lieu of 'hunter'.

I once sold a really clean, rust-free 74 FJ40 to a guy for his son (in about 1992). The son wanted a J**p, but the father could not afford one (at that time, a nice CJ7 cost more than a nice FJ40 in Colorado), so he got the Cruiser for him instead. This kid then spent the next 6 months or so beating the rig to a wreck. I last saw it at Dot's Diner and I would never have wanted it back (I did not know until that time that a stock '74 could do a redline clutch-drop start and smoke the tires). I still feel badly that such a clean rig went out of this world in such an un-dignified way.

That's all I was saying.

Cheers,

Josh

I once sold a really clean, rust-free 74 FJ40 to a guy for his son (in about 1992). The son wanted a J**p, but the father could not afford one (at that time, a nice CJ7 cost more than a nice FJ40 in Colorado), so he got the Cruiser for him instead. This kid then spent the next 6 months or so beating the rig to a wreck.

The real statement should be I hope somebidy didn't buy it to give to his kid. That is something I totally agree with.

I will say I have done more damage to my 68 four wheeling in the desert in Southern AZ than I have hunting in Northern AZ. In the 37 years I've owned it way more time has been spent in Northern AZ. I will say I need to replace my clutch in the 68 because I let my adult son use it at our cabin:bang:

:cheers:John

Well stock another 45 up for California as this old girl was drug down to the very southern part. Not sure if the owner will post up but he is a retires Automotive High School Shop Teacher so the truck should be in good hands. At least its another 45 on the road again. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom