Un-lifted wheels and tires pics! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, guys! As I try to figure out my next move with wheels and tires, I’dlove to see pictures and specs of Gx’s that do NOT have a lift, but have aftermarket wheels and tires. Thanks for all the help!

* stock suspension
* stock 18" rims
* 265/60r18 nitto ridge grappler tires

IMG-3035.jpg

Love seeing all the CA rigs!

255/75R17’s (32 inch) on FJ Cruiser steelies - minor rub that needs the fender liner heated/massaged - I’m about to put a small 2” lift on it and waiting for cbi sliders to eventually be delivered but happy for now

96073205-1761-49BF-B1E7-5799B081CB1A.jpeg

5B026050-B2A8-4F98-8C29-932726712370.jpeg

91BA84E5-B04F-43F1-B112-1B6BEC54F862.jpeg

Because I'm an idiot and spend entirely too much on swapping out wheels - the TRD Pros are temporary and borrowed from my brother as I have another set on the way...

View attachment 3188855View attachment 3188856View attachment 3188857View attachment 3188859View attachment 3188858
Haha. Nice, all three of those wheels are on my list. Any reason to stay away from the Methods or SCS'? I had the TRD Pro wheels on my old 470 and liked them, but am leaning toward something with more offset.

Also, what size are the Falkens?

Haha. Nice, all three of those wheels are on my list. Any reason to stay away from the Methods or SCS'? I had the TRD Pro wheels on my old 470 and liked them, but am leaning toward something with more offset.

Also, what size are the Falkens?

None that I can see. I came from the road course/track car world, and it seems that the options here are typically overbuilt and done well. They're heavy, but that's to be expected unless you're willing to spend a lot. Never had any issues balancing or mounting, and fit and finish was good.

I just switched away from the SCS Ray10s for no other reason other than offset - I prefer a wheel that tucks in a little more and was tired of all the grime being sprayed along the side. The next set of wheels are RRW-7H in a 0 offset.

The Falkens are Rubitrek in P265/70R17 but I'm hoping to move up in size soon (also for no real reason). The K02s are 275/70 but seem like they're kinda small for that size.

None that I can see. I came from the road course/track car world, and it seems that the options here are typically overbuilt and done well. They're heavy, but that's to be expected unless you're willing to spend a lot. Never had any issues balancing or mounting, and fit and finish was good.

I just switched away from the SCS Ray10s for no other reason other than offset - I prefer a wheel that tucks in a little more and was tired of all the grime being sprayed along the side. The next set of wheels are RRW-7H in a 0 offset.

The Falkens are Rubitrek in P265/70R17 but I'm hoping to move up in size soon (also for no real reason). The K02s are 275/70 but seem like they're kinda small for that size.
Nice. Good to know. Yeah, I feel like KO2s have less tread depth and run a little smaller than most other brands. I had 275/70 STMaxxs on my old 470 and they filled the space nicely with no lift. They were on higher end diameter wise than other 275/70s. I would run them again, but they were so damn heavy.

AL9nZEX-RceuXpHLexCrEcd5V-HrzcjaYc5Rs6_J9TwUFNt-v9kyEOiSLM4AMLgH4kmDMXtRSnBkOw90m7ZUndrbkwyz4fLz1FwqA22HrN9fJE9ewoXD5yuO8QuozaDK8rBskPHw5mQP7FSTwwwXLMGRX8vF=w1081-h611-no
Falken 265/70r17 on Methods.

I like the stance, have minimal rubbing after modifying the fender liners a bit, and I'm very happy with the tires. I only wish I'd sprung for different wheels, because the paint hasn't held up great to my type of use and the center caps have already delaminated. I think I'm the only guy on here who had a bad experience with Methods, but I personally don't recommend them. Wishing I'd gone with Evo Corse or even some Braids, considering how much I spent it wouldn't have been too big a stretch.

AL9nZEXPrXZBayfO93KZaMK-3A7dKtUIiLU1jEfkup1Frg62C_v6yRDA6o2UCqqtCd5fmlzSHFNWURYqFoQGBjxqXjU2H3OMDepygtv8sGHG2DHp4X3c5uYrtOnqj0IYbl1f7VLDeA-Pucrtz54rm7E3yzZ4=w1081-h611-no

No plans to lift it any time soon. I'm happy how she sits, for now.

Last edited:
I had no problems with the finish on the Methods I had on my 100 series Landcruiser with 35" tires. Had them on for about 5 or 6 years.

I had no problems with the finish on the Methods I had on my 100 series Landcruiser with 35" tires. Had them on for about 5 or 6 years.
My very first trip with them resulted in a paint chip right at the rim. There have been a couple others since then. It's minor cosmetic stuff, but was pretty disappointing when they were brand new. The center caps have some cheesy fake carbon fiber logo glued on which is peeling back on two of the wheels. Other Methods I've seen have cast plastic centers, so it's a buyer beware thing. They sell those plastic caps separately, but I'm done giving them my money for the time being and my cosmetic budget is measured in pennies anyways. Like I said, I think I'm the only customer who's had these problems so maybe I'm just lucky. Braid makes some beautiful wheels though, and hindsight is 20/20.

ETA: Here's a pic of the first, and still biggest, paint chip on my wheels. Above and just slightly to the right of the valve stem. It's showing primer now, not all the way to the metal, so I assume it was just a bad spot in the finish from the factory. I was on pavement, towing a trailer, when it happened. There are a couple other tiny nicks, after about 3 years of hard use, but I have to really look for them. Shrug, it's a truck.

AL9nZEX_jQ7EJQigDo0oCPb33XVUUV8z8zSmYA8r24lmQo5DemqG0AvBRjE-6SKKJdwKu24pe1JMYMU4XbxEqnKSHCVVUcCAJejdb8ScV-uHHR8CtJf4se8ilXhYXJzJz4v1weRWBZh6rJl6nJvhVEIGy5zo=w1081-h611-no

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom