Umm, the sky is PURPLE... I'm gonna go to the basement for a while

"Johnny's in the basement mixin' up the medicine. I'm on the pavement thinkin' 'bout the government."
Chill, dude. Deep breaths. Just roll with it. It'll wear off in about 7 hours.

LoveTractor said:
"Johnny's in the basement mixin' up the medicine. I'm on the pavement thinkin' 'bout the government."
Chill, dude. Deep breaths. Just roll with it. It'll wear off in about 7 hours.
LOL. :D

Don't worry, it's the green skies you need to watch out for. . . . .

Cards81fan said:
Pansies :D

I try to catch them on video.

We had quarter sized hail and torrential downpour for about 5 mins... I guess the tornadoes touched down further west and north in Wisconsin.

Steve

brian

SILVER Star

PolterGeist said:
We had quarter sized hail and torrential downpour for about 5 mins... I guess the tornadoes touched down further west and north in Wisconsin.

Steve
and no pics? jeesh, the sky changes color and people run like hell. you only live once. :flipoff2:

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

Geez - I remember tornado warnings, not watches, as the best time to catch up with neigbors since we were all outside actually looking for the cone of the tornado that had been sighted. For those not born or raised in tornado alley, a watch is issued when conditions are good for the formation of tornados and a warning is issued when an actual tornado or cone of a tornado has been sighted.

Tons of fun - unless of course you are directly in the path of one.

Let's see Tornado alley folks are covered with regular home owners insurance and have chosen to live there, Eastern seaboarders/Gulf Coast folks are covered for hurricanes with regular home owners insurance and have chosen to live there, but Californians have to pay extra for earthquake insurance. That sucks a big one! All are natural disasters.

Steve - I don't blame you at all for inspecting your basement!

I would really like to experience that kind a of weather once for some sick reason.

My wife has family back in Missouri. A couple of years ago they had there town L-E-V-E-L-E-D by a Twister. They took video of it right after it had happened The amount of destruction was truely startling.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

82-SOA-60 said:
I would really like to experience that kind a of weather once for some sick reason.
They really are a scary site to see, having experienced several growing up in Illinois. Most exciting time was driving home from college one weekend. Sky was blacker than black, tornado warnings out, winds were blowing my heavy '72 Camero all over the interstate and all of a sudden the winds died down. Looked over the cornfields and saw 3 tornado cones up in the sky. I hit the damn accelorator and got the hell out of there as fast as I could. :eek:

82-SOA-60 said:

My wife has family back in Missouri. A couple of years ago they had there town L-E-V-E-L-E-D by a Twister. They took video of it right after it had happened The amount of destruction was truely startling.

My wife is from Florida (With the gulf of mexico for a front yard) and has several great stories about living thru Hurricanes-- including the time her dad sent her to sneak past National Guardsmen to get inside their house to get his wallet. :)

Steve

One of the nice things about Southern Oregon is we get no extreme weather or acts of nature. Just flooding every 50 years or so.

Top Bottom