ultra-gauge fuel user options with no OBD II fuel sender reports on 96/97’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i guess my fuel results on my ultra-gauge are kablooey because i didn’t manually report my last fill up? and i have to manually fill up because this vehicle cannot send an electronic report because it doesn’t have that kind of a sensor or something?

what are my options (since seeing these negative values til my next fill up is kind of stupid)?

basically i can remember to manually tell it i have filled up or sit there and manually enter an AMOUNT of i don’t fill all the way up?

or i can manually remove any fuel alerts or any fuel reports from the various PAGES?

not sure i want to manually maintain these results if it requires me thinking...

also on the horn with accu-gauge tech who tend to be excellent. but MUD of course is always better...

THANK YOU

IIRC you can set it up with the fuel tank size (25 gallons for stock). Then, if you hold the up button it will mark the tank full (you will see what I mean, just hold the up button for a few seconds). I've just gotten in the habit of doing that when I get back in the truck from the pump. No way to do it automatically as far as I know but it is nice they put in a shortcut.

IIRC you can set it up with the fuel tank size (25 gallons for stock). Then, if you hold the up button it will mark the tank full (you will see what I mean, just hold the up button for a few seconds). I've just gotten in the habit of doing that when I get back in the truck from the pump. No way to do it automatically as far as I know but it is nice they put in a shortcut.
thanks. i thought i just had to do this twice to calibrate it.
you are saying every time you fill up you hold the up button, yes?
what do you do if you do a partial fill up or if you forget though...?
THANKS

Yes, I hold it every time I fill up. It's only somewhat accurate if you're starting with a full tank. If I forget I just do it as soon as I remember (so the alarm doesn't keep going off) and just realize it won't be accurate, or stop and top off the tank and reset.

Yes, I hold it every time I fill up. It's only somewhat accurate if you're starting with a full tank. If I forget I just do it as soon as I remember (so the alarm doesn't keep going off) and just realize it won't be accurate, or stop and top off the tank and reset.
thanks. that makes a whole lot of sense. i would have wrestled with that for anothe three weeks and gotten nowhere for some dumb reason.
APPRECIATE IT
jon

It won't automatically reset itself after a fill up. I go into the menu and select "Full Fuel Tank" or whatever it says like that, then I zero all trip, and zero mpg. That way I can monitor fuel economy, mileage and miles per tank on each tank of fuel. I've also disabled the alarms.

Of course this is after the initial calibration and setting the fuel tank size to 25gal.

Have you guys noticed your mpg being accurate as displayed on the ultra gauge when full fill up? Mine seems to be off by about 1 mpg I think most likely due to the dents in my gas tank.

Have you guys noticed your mpg being accurate as displayed on the ultra gauge when full fill up? Mine seems to be off by about 1 mpg I think most likely due to the dents in my gas tank.
meaning - you have less fuel in the tank than the gauge is being told you have so your mileage is reported by the gauge as higher than you are actually getting?

It won't automatically reset itself after a fill up. I go into the menu and select "Full Fuel Tank" or whatever it says like that, then I zero all trip, and zero mpg. That way I can monitor fuel economy, mileage and miles per tank on each tank of fuel. I've also disabled the alarms.

Of course this is after the initial calibration and setting the fuel tank size to 25gal.
i see. so you go an extra step and zero out mpg and all trip (wtf ever that is.... ; ) so you can get results per tank of gas i guess?

i guess everyone is always filling up every time at the pump which is probably a dumb question when you drive this vehicle.

i see. so you go an extra step and zero out mpg and all trip (wtf ever that is.... ; ) so you can get results per tank of gas i guess?

i guess everyone is always filling up every time at the pump which is probably a dumb question when you drive this vehicle.
You don't have to do all of that, it's just what I do. But yes, gives results per tank. There are different trip calculators (you'll see them in the menu). Zero all trip will reset all of them. Just easiest for me.

If you aren't filling the tank, you can enter whatever amount of fuel you added and the range and fuel level on the UG will adjust accordingly.

You don't have to do all of that, it's just what I do. But yes, gives results per tank. There are different trip calculators (you'll see them in the menu). Zero all trip will reset all of them. Just easiest for me.

If you aren't filling the tank, you can enter whatever amount of fuel you added and the range and fuel level on the UG will adjust accordingly.
I concur. I also have the UG. Manually reset the fuel every fill up, then reset trip. Done and done. My UG reads 13.2 average MPG and I have it set to 25G tank and pretty much milk it to the top every fill. In reality, my MPG is closer to 12.5 as I also track it on a separate app. Aside from that little variance, I love my UG.

thanks gents. i must have missed this. in thinking about it they may actually have left off that you need to check to see if you have a gauge otherwise you need to manually reset each time....

It's just that our trucks don't have an output to automatically reset the UG each time. I manually reset my UG each time I fill up. I choose NOT to do the trip miles and all that because I don't monitor my mileage that closely.

I have the same UG on my 2009 Chrysler T&C and it automatically resets the full level because that one has an output signal for reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom