Uhhhh is this bad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lyle Kilson

Go fast, don’t die.
Threads
I recently bought this “new” 94’ LC. Correct me if I’m wrong but the picture below is part of the ABS right?

618EECE5-5DD2-4F93-868C-64420141158F.jpeg

this is under my hood...

AD7078C0-9838-4AE9-9195-10B10F9EA0A8.jpeg

All the electrical seems to be there. Breaks work fine. Should I be worrying about this?

Last edited:
Circled in red is indeed the abs hydraulic assembly, yours does not have it..

I get that much it just looks like it used to be there. Should I be finding another one or is it not a big deal?

It's been deleted.

It's just like an older vehicle that you can actually lock up the wheels at speed.

ABS is designed to maintain control during hard steering manuevers. It is not designed to stop shorter or make "better" braking. Your 6000 LB truck will be fine without it.

I don't have the reluctor rings on my front axles, so my ABS does not function. Been that way for about 94,500 miles now. No worries.

I deleted mine years ago, i have not looked back. To be safe, go practice locking up your brakes on a gravel road (away from large immoveable objects). This will give you the opportunity to gain valuable insight on the physics of said 6000 pound vehicle.

Look at your front knuckles do they have abs sensors? If so then you can reinstall the missing parts (abs hydraulics) and try and make it work again. do you need abs.. well that's up to you.

Thanks for the advice man I really appreciate it!

I deleted mine years ago, i have not looked back. To be safe, go practice locking up your brakes on a gravel road (away from large immoveable objects). This will give you the opportunity to gain valuable insight on the physics of said 6000 pound vehicle.
That’s a great idea. If it’s not necessary I’ll just leave them out. Thanks man!

Comparing the two pictures the master cylinders are different. I'm guessing that you also have rear drum brakes and your vehicle never had ABS. As you will find there are many unused electrical connectors as Toyota for the most part used one wiring harness.

It's been deleted.

It's just like an older vehicle that you can actually lock up the wheels at speed.

ABS is designed to maintain control during hard steering manuevers. It is not designed to stop shorter or make "better" braking. Your 6000 LB truck will be fine without it.

I don't have the reluctor rings on my front axles, so my ABS does not function. Been that way for about 94,500 miles now. No worries.

That makes me feel a whole lot better. I appreciate it!

Comparing the two pictures the master cylinders are different. I'm guessing that you also have rear drum brakes and your vehicle never had ABS. As you will find there are many unused electrical connectors as Toyota for the most part used one wiring harness.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I do have a SF rear end. This 94’ is a pretty rare breed. ABS was optional on this model I’m thinking...

Thanks again everyone. I’m pretty new to this platform and so far I have been REALLY impressed.

That’s a great idea. If it’s not necessary I’ll just leave them out. Thanks man!
Majority of Australian market 80 series have no ABS
If the brakes are good, I would forget about it.

I personally prefer no abs in a vehicle that sees dirt roads regularly

ymmv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom