Ugh think I scored!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.usedpartswasher.com
97A6B3F9-9FBA-472E-BCBF-764F84111F00.jpeg
1337F52B-495D-4AD4-A050-3EC4964BD308.jpeg
D938248C-EF4A-48A4-8F53-76FA566D2F4C.jpeg
4B272008-2E5F-414C-9564-A5E2C4BC545C.jpeg
992EAB8E-C6C5-4CB1-9DBB-576DFB4095CD.jpeg
Hi guys I️ spend most of my time in the 200 section. I’ve owned a couple of 100’s and a couple of 200’s but the 80 is what fiat sold me on the brand. Today I️ stand before you all as a proud new owner of a 1997 LX450. 150,000 miles spent its life here in Tulsa. No rust got I️t for $5,750.00 . Hope wasn’t competing against any of you guys for I️t!
Front bumper is a little tweaked but this is one of the nicer ones I’ve seen in awhile. Looking forward to getting this old girl up to snuff! Looking forward to learning from you guys as well!!

Nice. That cigarette lighter looks a little bit like it's experiencing some oxidizing though, which is probably an environmental effect from the ethylene glycol burning off in the engine and getting into the HVAC system. The heating elements in the cigarette lighters are especially vulnerable to corrosion because of the alloy used but they provide an early indication that the head gasket is probably already blown.

Nice. That cigarette lighter looks a little bit like it's experiencing some oxidizing though, which is probably an environmental effect from the ethylene glycol burning off in the engine and getting into the HVAC system. The heating elements in the cigarette lighters are especially vulnerable to corrosion because of the alloy used but they provide an early indication that the head gasket is probably already blown.

I'm gunna have this framed.

You have a long future ahead of you as a lawyer, or politician. Too be able to say so little in so much bull**** is a rare gift :rofl:

You have a long future ahead of you as a lawyer, or politician. Too be able to say so little in so much bull**** is a rare gift :rofl:
I'm in middle management already

Score! - anymore this exact configuration is how I'd want to buy one.

Aside from a local 1-family owned locked '96 I was offered / $5500 / 200K, and the Nightshadow I'm buying when the elderly couple decides to sell (2-3yrs off, when her knees finally say 'no more') -this is a creampuff 450 for the white-paint fans.

Well bought, and 150K leather steering wheels only stay that nice if a woman / professional man was palming that thing. My 61K Tundra wheel is already showing wear on it thanks to my paws & my buddy who bought it new.

Yep. I'd say you scored. Looks clean!

Nice looking 80.... now hurry up and get a pair of pink panties hung from that rear view mirror!:flipoff2:

what is the point of the picture with the cigarette lighter , when i buy car i did not i need to look at it can someone tell me what does that indicate ?
beside head gasket condition

Ozone generators.

I bet you a sack of rolls if given 2 days a lot of detail shops now can do what took me 4-5 days & alot of work in 1990.

Cig lighter is virgin, means PO told the truth about never smoking in it.

Never even used it to light the fuse on the HG. ;)

what is the point of the picture with the cigarette lighter , when i buy car i did not i need to look at it can someone tell me what does that indicate ?
beside head gasket condition

If it looks unused as the picture shows it tells you that the previous owner more than likely was not a smoker. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom