Ugh... home AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sitting on the couch last night and I hear an awkward noise followed by a prolonged hiss. I knew what it was before I got up, but hoped it wouldn't be true. Unfortunately I was right, appears the compressor on the heat pump let go.

Anybody know of a reputable company that can help out? I suspect most are just going to tell me to replace the whole system. Financially I'd prefer to get this one into the spring and replace it all next year.

I use Ridgeville Heating and Air. He's awesome and the final bill for a new system and all new ducts made me laugh gleefully when compared with the other 3 bids. I'm not sure that he travels out to West Ashley, though. @White80 , what side of town are you on?

I have been using Mike at Dorchester Heating and Air for several years; he's the owner and does all the work himself - quality work, practical recommendations for repairs, and fair pricing. His number is 843-563-6027 and you'll probably speak to Glenda. If you call after hours, they'll call you first thing in the AM. (you'll save enough to keep the 80...) BTW, he does travel to Mt. Pleasant.

Just an update, ended up going with Austin Air. He was quick to respond and his estimate was at least $1k less than the 5-6 other companies we had come out for quotes. Nice guy and gladly came back out and fixed some very minor damage that his guys did outside.

New heat pump, air handler and other bits are keeping us cool again. So long R22, you won't be missed. Sadly my head gasket swap is now pushed back a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom