Ugh...Discovered a Leak but Can't Find the Culprit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
charlesandhudson.com
I was planning a run through Cleghorn Ridge tomorrow so I was just going through and checking fluids and noticed my transmission fluid seemed a bit low. It was warm and the reading was just below the hot mark. I honestly can't remember if that's the level it was the last time I checked.

I looked under the front of the truck and there is a recent puddle just under my skidplate. And lo and behold my skidplate is drenched. I pulled it to see where the leak was. The transmission fluid fitting that goes into the aux cooler hose is wet, the drag link is wet, the hard lines (I think brake lines), all the way down to the fluid on the right front leaf springs. I immediately think it's the fitting on the transmission out line because I had a tranny cooler installed a couple months ago but I checked and it's all tight. I started it up and after wiping it away I don't see any obvious leaks. The Aux cooler is clean.

It seems like this leak just happened as I was checking the fluids on the truck!

Then I noticed some fluid a bit higher. It's on the bottom of the right front fenderwell towards the front. It seems a bit darker than the reddish stuff I was seeing below.

It's late and I'm just bummed that I can't go wheelin' tomorrow until I figure out what this is. Could it be the power steering pump? I don't know what that fluid looks like. Transmission is shifting normally.

Any thoughts?

Jumped the gone a bit on this post. Just cleaned it all with PB blaster and a power washer. It's currently dry so I'll drive a bit and keep an eye on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom