UCA comparisons by number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I've been looking around a few places and have yet to find answer on the drop difference between UCA's that was backed by any numbers/measurements.

I have the newer model SPC UCA's on my FJC. Have had them for almost a year. No complaints. When doing some research on other items, l/t coilovers for example. The argument comes up that the SPC's will not provide as good articulation and drop as other after market UCA's. Such as TC, Icon, All-pro, etc.. However, if you go to SPC's website, or call their technicians, they claim they were designed to have just as much drop/articulation as the others. http://www.spcalignment.com/compone...J Cruiser&year=2012 - &from=USAFrom&to=USATo

So the question.. has anyone ever actually done the numbers to see if there is much, if any difference? I know the heim/uni-ball joints are stronger, but they're also more maintenance and rougher/louder.

If anyone can provide info that'd be awesome!

I haven't done any measuring, but I will try next time I'm in there. I have TC standard travel UCAs with uniballs. I'm upgrading the uniball to the ICON Delta Joint (which is similar to the SPC joint) in the next couple weeks.
2007-UP Toyota FJ Cruiser Non-ICON UCA 1" Retrofit Delta Joint Kit

2007-up-toyota-fjcruiser-non-icon-uca-1-retrofit-deltajoint-kit.jpg

As mine are now, the TC arm touches the coil spring at full droop. I don't have extended bump stops or jounce bumpstops, so I have some wheel rub up top at full compression too.

Rather then start a new thread, ill bring this back.

Has anyone installed he updated camburg arms with the moog joints already installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom