Events/Trails UC Over the Mountain Tour (OTMT) 2019 - 8/22-25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible to have a Friday morning meet up spot? Not looking like I can get away Thursday now....

Is it possible to have a Friday morning meet up spot? Not looking like I can get away Thursday now....
Do you know where Thursday's campsite is? You could easily catch us still there Friday morning. Other than that I think Friday's plan is to stay off asphalt as much as possible until making our way to the cabin in the afternoon, and communication is spotty in the area.

Cell phone comms is definitely "spotty" to non-existent in that area. Best bet is HAM on our decided freq and with an external antenna. I was able to radio for help a few years ago from several miles away while they were still frying up bacon that morning.

Do you know where Thursday's campsite is? You could easily catch us still there Friday morning. Other than that I think Friday's plan is to stay off asphalt as much as possible until making our way to the cabin in the afternoon, and communication is spotty in the area.

If I knew I would just surprise you! No idea as I've not been able to attend in the past due to work. I'm trying to keep that from happening again this year.....The struggle is real! The new 80 has a HAM with external antenna so I should be able to talk but will want to get some understanding of where you will be....maybe bring a flare gun!

If I knew I would just surprise you! No idea as I've not been able to attend in the past due to work. I'm trying to keep that from happening again this year.....The struggle is real! The new 80 has a HAM with external antenna so I should be able to talk but will want to get some understanding of where you will be....maybe bring a flare gun!
Texted you. It won't be a problem and if it is I don't mind driving back out to intercept you. And I do carry pop-up flares in my gear. :)

Jeff, you mind if I tag along? I won't be able to join until Friday either... Our bathroom/office remodel is running a little long and Boeing would "prefer" that I come in to work on Thursday. The contractors being at the house is the big thing, though.

Decided radio.frequency would be good too. So I can "listen"!

Last edited:
1: @Trollhole (XL) - Paid
2: @Bryanseye (L) - Paid
3: @ceby (XL Tri) - Paid
4: @Southeast Overland (M) - Paid
5: @AJR (L) - Paid
6: @CharlestonG8R (XX) - Paid
7: @Carp (M Tri) - Paid
8: @forrest5000 (M, M Tri) - Paid
9: @JhadT (XL, M) - Paid
10: @IcutYourCruiser (M) - Paid
11: @ClemsonCruiser (XL) - Paid
12: @JToobe (XL) - Paid
13: @the gimpey one (XL) - Paid
14: @dmark84 ( ) - Paid
15: @aquatech3 (XL Tri) - Paid
16: @Whiskerz (L) - Paid
17: @Salty Dog - Paid
18: @BMThiker (S Tri) - Paid
19: @yamaguchigumi (L) - Paid
20: @Twinair (M Tri, L reg) - Paid

The week is upon us!

For those that have not been, be prepared to be self-sufficient regarding food, water, etc. There will be a club stove though so heating food is no worry. Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast is handled.

It may be hot Friday, and a dip in the cold river will be tempting.
It may be cold Saturday, so a jacket and gloves will be a welcome pack item.
It looks like there will be chances for rain throughout the trip. Proper shelter and clothing will go a long way to staying happy.

Forecast for Brevard, NC. The mountain forecast for Saturday night should be available later today or tomorrow.
1566229955394.png

@Bryanseye I hate it but I think we’re out just can’t do it with a 11 week old that has catching up to do.
I have had 4 of those, so definitely understand. Sorry it didn't work out this time but we will get you on the trail with us one of these days!

Meeting spot for those that want to hit a grocery store on Thursday at 1pm. Ingles off hwy276 in Travelers Rest, SC.
Ingles Markets
1500 Geer Hwy, Travelers Rest, SC 29690
(864) 834-5937

Those that are coming from a different way and don’t want to backtrack we will be pulling into Gorges State Park around 2.
Gorges State Park Visitor Center
976 Grassy Ridge Rd, Sapphire, NC 28774
(828) 966-9099

When you get there just go Down the road to the bottom parking lot and wait for us.

I’ll update for Friday and Saturday locations in a few.

I am cornfused...Is Thursday night camp at the GA/SC stateline as in past or somewhere new?
Thursday is where it usually is. The GA/SC site is what used to be on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom