Ubolt Perch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently noticed that the bolt perch on the front suspension has been mangled. I am not sure if I caused this or not but I did torque the bolts to 90ft/lbs. Either way would a good solution be to get one of the U bolt flip kits for this? Kit Link It seems like something I should take care of sooner than later. Thanks for the feedback.

IMG_1649.jpg

Yep you bent it. I bent mine too.
The 90ft-lb torque spec for the nuts is only relevant for the stock thickness springs and stock height u bolt. At 90 ft-lbs with the original equipment, the nut bottoms out on the last thread of the u bolt, locking it off. It’s not clamping the u bolt down with a 90 ft-lb twist.

Luckily I was aware enough to catch what I was doing before bending one of mine too far so it didn’t get too mangled, but your perch in the pic above is now living a sketchy life. Scary.

This is an example of following the FSM by the letter and it burning you.

Good to know....even better to know a week ago! What would your recommend on the aftermarket ubolts? Also, would you think the flip kit would be the best solution?

This is an example of following the FSM by the letter and it burning you.

My Lift kit came with a torque spec sheet as part of the kit. 70ft/lbs I seem to recall but couldn't be sure of that now without looking it up. I almost did the same as you but spotted the sheet just in time. I imagine a common event. Sorry man. No experience with flip kits so no help there. GL.

Wow, I did not know this could even be done. I‘ve got a U Blot flip kit…and that might get you going??

I think I would call Dave Gore at 4Plus…he makes/sells the flip kit. He’s very honest…show him your picture and see if he thinks the flip kit will help you.

4Plus, sorry I don’t have his number handy.

Wow, I did not know this could even be done. I‘ve got a U Blot flip kit…and that might get you going??

I think I would call Dave Gore at 4Plus…he makes/sells the flip kit. He’s very honest…show him your picture and see if he thinks the flip kit will help you.

4Plus, sorry I don’t have his number hand

Well crap. It looks like the u bolt flip does not attach to the perches. If it does then I may need to get some assistance and get some sort of fabrication done. Thanks for all the help. I’ll give 4 plus a call and see what the thought is

I'll agree with OSS, blindly using a torque wrench on OME gear seems destined to strip threads. Especially if you use antiseize on them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom