UAE eBay Parts? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi- Not sure whether this is the correct forum for this matter, but my rig is a '95 FZJ80, 223k, in amazingly original (though rather neglected) condition. I need LOTS of parts, and would like to keep to OEM as much as possible.
I see many such parts on eBay offered by sellers in the United Arab Emirates, usually at very competitive prices. I've tried to research this by Googling, using various search terms. Most of what I saw (aside from ads) were news articles about tens of thousands of counterfeit Toyota parts being discovered there. Looking for a lock cylinder/key set on eBay, I found one in the UAE in what looked like gennie Toyota packaging except: the nice crisp red letters spelled "SILINDER"!
What do you guys say? Yea? Nea? What has your experience been?

I'm an OEM parts addict so will oblige anyone who wants to stick to T.

I decide who to purchase parts from based not exclusively on pricing, but also availability, dependability and speed.
  • partsouq - generally reliable and ships via fedex/dhl (no sales tax)
  • amayama - not as reliable as partsouq, but sometimes they have parts when partsouq does not (no sales tax)
  • Local Toyota parts counter - price matches online offers for me (or better) and no shipping cost so good for heavy iron items like a short block, driveshaft, etc (~10% sales tax)
  • EB Toyota, McGeorge Toyota - USA based, but slower ground shipping for me (they're based on the East Coast)
All of the above really suck at customer engagement, thus the lowered margins with the savings passed on down to you. Paying humans to do work is not en vogue.

I stay away from eBay.

Last edited:
x2 and agree with CYKBC. Though I will say that partsouq reliability has been outstanding for me. Never had an issue they weren't willing to throw money at me to resolve. For example, I bought some exhaust shields and they came with a few scratches. They told me Toyota ships them that way but would be willing to cover all my shipping costs. I declined because I suspected all exhaust shields looked like that from the start. Others have been known to have their issues resolved as well, but that's not to say many experience issues.

Additionally, I'm in Hawaii and shipping here sucks. Partsouq sends my stuff pretty damn fast, as fast as 3 days from Dubai to Hawaii sometimes.

Also check out Genuine Toyota Parts - Wholesale Prices | Modern Toyota Parts - https://wholesaledirect.moderntoyota.com/ they're pretty good but depending on where you're at, they'll charge tax.

Partsouq

I bought parts from UAE on eBay, without problems. One interesting note: I ordered a body panel, advertised as OEM, and it took quite some time to arrive. When it finally arrived, it was indeed OEM but it had originated in Iran, then shipped to UAE and then to me.

I have also used Megazip and found their shipping costs to Canada to be lower than Partsouq and Amayama.

www.partsouq.com is a great resource for looking up OEM part numbers as well as purchasing OEM parts.
I alternate between them and McGeorge Toyota, depending on price and availability. Never had an issue with either one.

Let's also remember places like Absolute Wits End, Cruiser Outfitters, Valley Hybrids also sell OEM parts and have taken the time to assemble "kits" to make ordering easier. They are also members of the community.

I usually see eBay results that are sold by Partsouq, and it sure seems like the prices are lower going directly through their site instead of eBay.

I've purchased mostly from Amayama, some from Partsouq, and less from domestic sellers like Conicelli, Camelback, and McGeorge. I've bought a bolt or two from my local Toyota dealer, who charges over double MSRP.

In my experience, Amayama's communication is the best. I also really like that you can add a note for each part, so I can enter, for example, "front axle seal" instead of having to look up the part number to verify which part goes where.

Patsouq's shipping is crazy fast. Like three or five days to Oregon. And both Amayama and Partsouq are experts at carefully packaging parts for shipment.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that both Amayama and Partsouq usually get orders to me faster than any of the domestic online sellers. Occasionally, though, the domestic price will beat the overseas price, so it's worth checking both.

I've ordered small things - trim pieces, cup holdere etc - from ebay originating in UAE. It arrives as advertised.

My main go to is amayama, they seem to always beat out partsouq on price. If partsouq has it. Amayama can also get it.

In the US, i use primarily conicelli. I've used mcgeorge a little, but conicelli runs sales and sometimes has better prices. I know when i ordered my cams this summer, conicelli won out.

For the locally unobtainable parts like the rest of world gets I have used partsouq and amayama…never an issue except with customs triviality

In my experience, Partsouq had been great. Genuine Toyota parts, price plus shipping meets or beats local dealers for all but the heaviest stuff, and believe it or not, they arrive sooner most of the time.

I have an Aussie rig, so the UAE spec stuff is more suited for me anyway.

Partsouq shipping costs are atrocious. It can be played with, but it takes hours to figure out what parts come up to even a remotely reasonable ship cost - and more than one shipment usually - to get what you need and not get absolutely scalped by them. Ex, they wanted $120 to ship 4 belt moldings if that's all I was ordering.
And there was 10mos or so they refused any payment method I tried. So, my experience with them is about 3 out of 10. They are good for part number cross-reference, parts avail checks, or price compares, but that's about it.

OEMpartsource.com
toyotapartsdeal.com
ebay.com
MUD vendors - Wits' End, Cruiseroutfitters, CruiserTEQ, HUDDExpo, ArtemisOverlandHardware, and forgive me for the couple I've forgotten.

I've had the kind of experience with all of these vendors that others have had with the 'P' place. Just depends I guess.

I have bought several parts from the UAE on eBay. All have been legit and better price than local. Besides if you were to have a problem eBay has an amazing money back guarantee. Buy with confidence.

I have bought a few parts off ebay from the UAE that I wasn't able to find at Partsouq or someplace domestic US. I have the advantage that shipping to Riyadh is relatively cheap from UAE but I also source many parts domestically in the US and have them shipped to my US home. I am very careful of anything off ebay and so far haven't had any issues with the small number of parts I have bought there.

I've bought from just about everywhere, ebay included, but I generally hit up vendors like partsouq directly first if it's for a new part. Ebay can be great for secondhand parts though, or occasionally for NLA parts that someone is still selling new from old stock if sources like partsouq and amayama have run dry. I'd never go to ebay for consumable parts that are frequently counterfeited though, like oil filters.

Just be aware of Customs duties if you order anything expensive. Can instantly destroy any savings.

McGeorge sucks lately. I can get something from UAE faster than from them and I'm 10 hours away. Zero communication too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom