U Joints and PM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also check the "phase" of your driveshaft. It should be 90° out of phase on the FRONT DS on this year truck.

It is possible that after you get the U-joints done, you still have a vibration. If so, the next step is to change the phase of the front shaft to address the issues.

Also check the "phase" of your driveshaft. It should be 90° out of phase on the FRONT DS on this year truck.

It is possible that after you get the U-joints done, you still have a vibration. If so, the next step is to change the phase of the front shaft to address the issues.
OK great item to note, thank you!

That wasn’t a put down at all. I know it can be extremely frustrating too put in all the work to put in new OEM (not cheap) u-joints just to end up wasting all that time and money because that wasn’t the issue.

When I was a younger lad, I would have given up and left it as is in a state of disrepair and would not be able to accept or diagnose the lingering error. Now that I’m an old fart of a TV Repairman with a killer set of tools, I would have no problem with that level of wasted effort and funds.
Oh no offense taken at all, I'm having a blast learning, and I am also building up a great set of tools which I am using and learning with, the limiting factor with young kids these days is just time, I just don't have enough of it!

Agree UJoints can be a major hassle. I'm a decent Mechanic and my UJoints kicked my ass. I beat on them, cut them, heated them and cussed them out.
This may be a case of not using the correct tool for the job. Next time try using a U joint press. If you don't want to buy one of your own, you can get one as a "loan a tool" from many parts stores if you buy the replacement U joints from them.

This may be a case of not using the correct tool for the job. Next time try using a U joint press. If you don't want to buy one of your own, you can get one as a "loan a tool" from many parts stores if you buy the replacement U joints from them.
Quite possibly correct. It was my first time doing U Joints. I will say that even the shop had a bit of a struggle with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom