U Joint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally had my drive shaft guy replace the ujoints in my rear shaft with OEM joints from CDan.
He installed them correctly with all the nipples facing the right direction and all.
But for some reason I cannot get too the nipple on the ujoint on the tcase side of the shaft with out dropping that side of the shaft.
I looked at the old joint and it looks like the nipple is at a different angle than the new one.
How can I get grease into that joint without have to drop it when it needs grease it is a PITA.

I had a similar issue and the cheap "press on" needle fitting that I had didn't work, so I ended up parking with the nose down a very slight grade. That seemed to give just enough room for a regular grease gun nozzle to fit in there.

The screw on Lincoln needle fitting that Tools R Us suggested looks to be of very good quality. For $7, I would just order that.

Howdy! I have the same problem, but if I roll the vehicle so that the zerk is somewhere between 11 and 1 oclock, nearly straight up, then I can get a regular tip to work, but I am using a grease gun with a pistol grip and a soft flex line instead of a hard line and a long lever handle. John

Thanks guys I use flextip grease gun and I spun that shaft every which way and could not get it to go
Thanks Tools

Thanks guys I use flextip grease gun and I spun that shaft every which way and could not get it to go
Thanks Tools
I have noticed that some brands/styles of grease gun tips are much fatter than others. I think the Lincolns that we have at work are bigger than my Harbor Freight replacements. John

The question I have is that with the old OEM joints that were on there I could easily get at the grease fittings.
Now with new OEM joints I cannot get at all of them, seems the angles of the nipples are different for old to new.

What's different? The zerk, the position of the zerk as far as the mounting on the joint? Or the location of the zerk on the joint?

It is the position or angle at which the zirk comes out of the joint and the location on the joint it self.
It just seems to be off just a little bit from the older OEM joint, just enough so that I canot get the gun on it I mean we are talking a little bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom