Tyvek Land Cruiser car cover - GOT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Looking to purchase a Tyvek car cover for an 80 series anyone have any experience. The Tyvek is said to be the best when it comes to reflecting heat but is recommended to be removed when it rain. What do you got?

I have one and like it - used it once when out of town for 2 weeks and kept the dust and bird poop off. It rained lightly when we were gone but didn't show any signs that it did.

I have one and like it - used it once when out of town for 2 weeks and kept the dust and bird poop off. It rained lightly when we were gone but didn't show any signs that it did.
Still have it? Where did it come from?

I am looking for a cover for my 100 series also. Curious about this.

I'll have to confirm if it's exactly a Tyvek but looks like one. I'll check tonight.
Got through Amazon

I bought a cover a few years ago off of the Costco site, silver and breathable while being water resistant. Watch anything that doesn't breathe since it could damage your paint.

I bought a very nice fitted car cover for my FJ62 from SOR around 95. Not sure about keeping cool but did work to protect the paint and interior. Had to remove it in the rain. Worked find in the valley. Up north with a weatherproof tarp over the top not so much. Made the mistake of removing the snow then the tarp. When I removed the cover it peeled the clear coat off the hood and top. A few here have seen the damage it did and how the rest of the paint is decent shape. Had waxed it the summer before and not sure that helped the cotton lining adhere to the clear coat.

I have a California Car cover. It wasn't the cheapest but it's high quality and they will custom size based off measurements. Excellent fit and materials. Lots of material options for all environments they offer.

I have a California Car cover. It wasn't the cheapest but it's high quality and they will custom size based off measurements. Excellent fit and materials. Lots of material options for all environments they offer.
@bwesty Did you order right from their website, if so, which cover do you have? Does your truck have any mods (roof rack, bigger tires, etc.) that would make ordering more difficult? My 2006 100 series has a Gamiviti roof rack, and I am wondering how to compensate for that.
Thank you.

@bwesty Did you order right from their website, if so, which cover do you have? Does your truck have any mods (roof rack, bigger tires, etc.) that would make ordering more difficult? My 2006 100 series has a Gamiviti roof rack, and I am wondering how to compensate for that.
Thank you.

Yes, I ordered from the site. I bought the Stormweave model cover. It was basically $300 shipped including custom cut and sizing
for a truck with winch bumper, tire carrier, rack etc. Fit is very good. Either order online or call and make sure you get the custom measurement diagram to fill out and send back so they can tailor to your needs. You are welcome to look at mine if you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom