tyre carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

serenity

Threads
i have a 60 with 2 lpg tanks where the spare tyre used to get kept, the car has a tyre carrier on the back but the design is crap cos it ads about half a meter to the back of the car. does anyone have any good ideas about where to stick a spare tyre.

A good quality bumper/tire carrier is your best bet. I have mine on the roof rack and its a pain in the ass to deal with and adds to your center of gravity.

The next option is in the interior, but that takes up cargo space if you do any long runs or camping trips....

my main problem is money, which i have almost none of.

I would either get a cargo mat from spector offroad and strap the tire down in the back or spend a few hundred and get a Thule roof rack and throw it up there.

If your in OZ go to a junk yard and get a bumper off a wreck. ARB made them for a while, Kaymar makes them now.

You are in OZ? didn't I read that on another post?

yeh im in sunny queensland, well ive got a friend who does welding realy pro so hes makin up a bolt with a butterfly nut on it for me. when its done ill post pics of the car, which is going in to get about $2000 of service from a mechanic and that will be my spending for the year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom