For Sale Tyler, TX... 1972 3 Speed Transfer Case & Transmission, Bell Housing, Flywheel, Etc... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a pull-out setup from a 1972 FJ40 from when it was swapped to a 4 speed with the 4 speed transfer case. Rather than messing with adapting the 3 speed transfer case to a 4 speed transmission, he decided to just throw the complete setup in there (my boss' vehicle). So I have been tasked with selling this to move it out of the way.
it is the transmission, transfer case, bell housing, flywheel, pressure plate, shifters and a few misc. parts as well as a front (I believe) drive shaft... I think they had the rear shortened and purchased a new longer front.
This was running and driving fine with an occasional odd click noise apparently from the transfer case... Only experienced it twice and that was when it had been running down the road at 50mph plus... once cooled down, it stopped and everything appeared normal. The reason for the swap was to get a synchronised transmission because he didn't like non-synchronised 3 speed... We also added a taller set of gears as this will likely not see off road use however he likes to drive it around town.

$250

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9025.jpg

IMG_9024.jpg
IMG_9025.jpg
IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9027.jpg

IMG_9030.jpg

Last edited:
I’m interested. I’m building a 40 with a 4Bt Cummins. Let me see if this would work with my set up.

May be interested in the flyeheel and bellhousing. Do you know if tgey would work with a 2F engine and 4speed toyota transmission??

Thanks.

May be interested in the flyeheel and bellhousing. Do you know if tgey would work with a 2F engine and 4speed toyota transmission??

Thanks.
You need a 4 speed bell housing for a 4 speed transmission. 4 speed also has a different flywheel than 3 speed.

Awesome! Do you have any idea what shipping would cost or are you exploring other options?
My company has a UPS account and I have the same parts here so I can determine the weights. If you willing to ship, I can send labels and tell you how to do it. It can go UPS if split into 2 tubs. Marlin ships transmissions in plastic rubbermaid tubs, that could be done here as well.

My company has a UPS account and I have the same parts here so I can determine the weights. If you willing to ship, I can send labels and tell you how to do it. It can go UPS if split into 2 tubs. Marlin ships transmissions in plastic rubbermaid tubs, that could be done here as well.
We should be able to do that if that's acceptable for UPS. I have not seen them using the tubs but if they do, that's awesome.

Ok there is a Target Store in Tyler Texas that has Rubbermaid Storage bins. Here is the address: 7003 S Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75703

If I pay for them would you be able to go get them and put the parts inside and secure the lids shut with zip tires? Just drill a bunch of holes around the edge of the lid and zip tire all the holes. UPS will then move the bin around with the handles of the tub. I can send shipping labels pre-paid.

If so we got a deal.

Ok there is a Target Store in Tyler Texas that has Rubbermaid Storage bins. Here is the address: 7003 S Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75703

If I pay for them would you be able to go get them and put the parts inside and secure the lids shut with zip tires? Just drill a bunch of holes around the edge of the lid and zip tire all the holes. UPS will then move the bin around with the handles of the tub. I can send shipping labels pre-paid.

If so we got a deal.
That sounds awesome to me!!!

@ToddA if all these items have sold don't forget to mark your ad SOLD. Otherwise you will still have people reaching out to you if they do not read through the post.

1612063078827.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom