TYC 1918 radiator in 93-94 1FZ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My trusty friend Tetsuo failed his pre-trip check last night with the performance pictured below—coolant bubbles at the top tank. I'd only driven it around the corner to top up the gas and let it idle in the driveway for 15 minutes or so while I used the superflow to air up the tires, and then saw the coolant stain on the driveway.

Fingers crossed that I only need a new radiator, though i suspect it is time for a new thermostat and water pump regardless. The head gasket is not PM and I ordered the exhaust gas test kit from Amazon, which will be here tomorrow. the iron man is at 195,000 miles.

In the 10 years I've owned this truck I have averaged 3000 miles a year. It's not a daily driver. It was a weekly driver when I used to use it to help my friend get his little girl from school on Fridays.

I was doing a pre-trip check because I hadn't driven it since late February. I was told when I bought it that the radiator had been recently replaced, and the seller didn't seem the type to shell out for OEM. Most memorably, he said his mechanic "couldn't figure out" the CEL caused by the rough idle. I'm no mechanic and *I figured it out.

Anyhow. Searching around, I saw that among the not-too-expensive options, there's some appreciation for the TYC radiator.

It's said to be a 95-97 radiator though.

Does it fit the 93-94 trucks?

If it doesn't, I may go with Denso, which i know isn't OE either.

20230608_182957.jpg

Yes, I put one in my 93

Fit mine as well. Hope you get off easy!

Definitely easier to do the pump and thermostat while it’s out, as well.

Fit mine as well. Hope you get off easy!

Definitely easier to do the pump and thermostat while it’s out, as well.
And oil pump seal and front main seal 😂

And oil pump seal and front main seal 😂

haha i have the wits end kit to do the oil pump seal already. Gotta hope that the front main isn't leaking yet though.

Crank seal is easy, while you are at the pump seal it’s right there!
I'll look into it.

I recall watching an oil pump seal how-to video that had a 6 hour gap in it after they broke off the tip of one of their JIS impact bits in one of the screw heads. Good times!

I'll look into it.

I recall watching an oil pump seal how-to video that had a 6 hour gap in it after they broke off the tip of one of their JIS impact bits in one of the screw heads. Good times!
That’s one of the ones that went well. 😂.

Edit: If you do decide to get weird with it, and go down the rabbit hole, this thread was a godsend.

I'll look into it.

I must have gotten so lucky, I did not strip out or break any screws or bits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom