Trade Tx, Trade Defender 110 (5 door) for a troopy or 78 with 1hz or 1KZ-TE or better (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 162, 255)
Entertaining idea to trade, plus or minus cash depending on trade quality.

I have a 1989 200tdi Defender 110 that is a daily driver that imported in around 2014. I have service records and receipts a couple inches deep.
Turbo diesel with LT77 tranny, and LT230, with a salsbury (dana 60) rear, running 255/85/r16 KM2s

Cruise down the highway at 70-75, 22mpg highway and 25-ish in town
proven truck with history in the land rover community and serviced by qulaity people in the Land rover world
New interior seats, heated
New radiator
New suspension
New breather lines
Front axle and swivel balls rebuilt
new fuel tank and lines when imported
and tons more that can be supplied to interested parties

This truck is a great way to make friends and get out for camping and even wheeling if you want.

Cons
Body is original paint and everything so it far from perfect, but everything is mechanically sound. Its not a polished turd like 90% out there.
No headliner currently, 1k gets a new one and very easy install

Looking to trade with cash on whatever side makes sense. Not interested selling straight up unless its the right price.
This truck is at least 25k+ dollar truck. BAT would probably bring close to 30K+, possibly more. A repaint would make this truck 40K$ truck on BAT

IMG_7687.JPG

IMG_7685.JPG
Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 1.58.38 PM.png

Is it titled as a Defender 110 or a Land Rover 110?
Thanks
It is titled as a Land Rover 110.
1991 is when the Defender name was adopted.
Only difference are the stickers.

Also to note the engine has less than 85k miles on it. Was installed by sarek autowerks in Virginia. Came out of Italy with I think 60k miles ( need to dig up paperwork on it again)

Cool rig, I've always been a fan of the 110. I still remember the first one I ever saw with the full safari package, purpose built, simple and just awesome. Just curious, why the switch, you don't see many crossover owners of Land Cruiser to/from Land Rover?

I have a 1991 Land Cruiser Prado LJ78, not sure if it is a better engine, it's a TL-TE 4cyl, 2.4 turbo diesel. It has 144,000 KM on the odo. Just installed a new head and is running good. Just throwing that out there to see if you're interested.

I have a 1991 Land Cruiser Prado LJ78, not sure if it is a better engine, it's a TL-TE 4cyl, 2.4 turbo diesel. It has 144,000 KM on the odo. Just installed a new head and is running good. Just throwing that out there to see if you're interested.
I’m kinda set on at least the 1 hz or 1kz

Cool rig, I've always been a fan of the 110. I still remember the first one I ever saw with the full safari package, purpose built, simple and just awesome. Just curious, why the switch, you don't see many crossover owners of Land Cruiser to/from Land Rover?
I love yotas as well and a 70 series might suite my family a tad Better
I would like to have both, eventually. But just seeing if there are any good 70 series out there, as the 25 year mark is making better one available. Slightly want a new project, I’ve had mine since 2014

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I would think that selling the Defender for fair market price within the Defender community or on BaT etc., and then coming back here with cash-in-hand to buy a 70 series, would give you far more options? Honestly I don't think there's much overlap between the two worlds... especially once you've come over to the other side... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom