For Sale TX: 2006 Range Rover HSE Luxury (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jaguar engine vs BMW engine? I was under impression the BMW was most reliable? What should one expect to be needed in future maintenance wise?

oil changes mainly, tires brakes wear and tear and air and pollen filters. the 105K service has spark plugs as I recall. I went through and replaced anything I could think of that might wear out, for example both front air springs, front suspension bushings. Nothing unexpected has happened to it other than the starter starting to give out intermittently. but it was easy and not expensive. 220 new if i recall. This was the only starter I had ever replaced on a rover with the jaguar engine.

The jaguar V8 is MUCH better than the BMW motor. I regularly saw these come in with nearly 200k miles and NO oil or coolant leaks. Not that they don't last, most owners just don't drive them as long/far as fast, and they are still relatively new. We had a customer who's truck had 160kish and it had literally never had anything done to it other than tires, brakes and the services and had some extra fluids changed sooner than recommended.
This truck also has a little bonus in that during the new PDI, the service reminder was not enabled (this is not normally ever the case and this is THE only truck I have ever seen that does not have it enabled) thus no need to take it into the dealer every 6mos or 7500 to have it reset. This is a HUGE bonus for cost of ownership especially if you diy maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom