TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfz80

Cruisin’
Threads
Thought it would be good for us to have a spot to post our little projects along the way that may not warrant their own thread or discussion but inevitably add to them pride we hold in out rigs. The equivulant to many what did you do with your truck this week/end threads I introduce .....

The Wrenching Thread

Post up your projects. Maybe it's not worth a bump to your build thread or maybe you don't have one. This is the place. Perhaps you added a cigarette lighter outlet. Or maybe it was a wash and wax. It might just be that Jr mudder added one million candlepower or maybe al finally started his diesel swap/3fe turbo or maybe I even ditched the white fender and rusty bumper. Post up what ya got. :D

Last edited:
ahh that elusive diesel swap......

I pulled out my hid hi beams that weren't working and put regular bulbs back in, adjusted parking break and put new wipers on today........ Yay me

Oh yeah. .....

I ditched the white fender and rusty bumper :D

Bumper first thanks to unique coatings in high point. Great experience again. Gr02 color.

image.jpg

And then the fender with the "help" of macco. Ugh. What an experience and mediocre results but its done and will look right enough as soon as I pinstripe it to match ;)

image.jpg

I should have taken before and after pics (I am really bad at remembering to pics in general), but I was shocked that every single Hurricane Creek pinstripe came right out with some compound and sealer. Honestly, I am a little disappointed. I was kinda proud to anoint her on her first official trip with ONSC.

Gonna beat JRMudder to the punch here... I installed an interior LED kit in the wife's 100 over the weekend.

LED_kit.jpg

I ran wiring for a fridge to the rear of my GX. 8ga off both battery terminals, circuit breaker in engine compartment, down the driver's side floor to a fused mount in 3rd row cupholder. I then tested the install and killed my original OEM battery letting the fridge run for ~16 hrs, so...................

Electrical ain't my thing, so I did plenty of research, took my time, and the actual wiring job - for once - looks pretty damn nice. Now looking at solar and AGM.

I should have taken before and after pics (I am really bad at remembering to pics in general), but I was shocked that every single Hurricane Creek pinstripe came right out with some compound and sealer. Honestly, I am a little disappointed. I was kinda proud to anoint her on her first official trip with ONSC.

:lol: You know that you didn't *have* to buff out those pinstripes!

Put some time in yesterday as a counterweight on the hoist for reinstalling Ramon's tub on the frame, for the first time in over a year!!

I ran wiring for a fridge to the rear of my GX. 8ga off both battery terminals, circuit breaker in engine compartment, down the driver's side floor to a fused mount in 3rd row cupholder. I then tested the install and killed my original OEM battery letting the fridge run for ~16 hrs, so...................

Electrical ain't my thing, so I did plenty of research, took my time, and the actual wiring job - for once - looks pretty damn nice. Now looking at solar and AGM.

Wait, your GX? Did I miss an earlier thread? Details please!

I know, seriously. I like the whole non chalante intro by way of casual mention of a minor mod.

And congrats. for some reason the gx seems a perfect fit for you.

:popcorn:

Wait, your GX? Did I miss an earlier thread? Details please!

I didn't think it worthy of an announcement. :) I bought it right around Easter, total creampuff one local owner, all services done right on time, <75k mi. Not much to say about it, you know them. I just installed 255/75R17 Hankook Dynapro ATM's on it as well, and seat covers for the pristine leather since IH8Leather. Non-KDSS, and it has the nav + ML audio.

I know, seriously. I like the whole non chalante intro by way of casual mention of a minor mod.

And congrats. for some reason the gx seems a perfect fit for you.

@jfz80 wtf, you calling me a creampuff? ;)

Hey I simply meant it was still tough on the Inside with a refined and classy exterior lol

I believe you're the one that called it a creampuff ;)

So ..... Um ...... Where are the pics ?

2007 GX470, white with tan leather. O and for tech/TWT content, I also installed Weathertech digital fit floormats a few months ago. Install was very time-consuming and challenging, took about 2-3 mins. :) Dealer put in a new windshield at purchase. I replaced the gas cap all by myself too.

I'll add another minor maintenance item as a PSA for you hundy owners. Cabin air filters were replaced last week. Here's the new compared to old:
image.jpg

Yuck! Oh, I also found a hive living under the 80. IH8MUDdaubers.

image.jpg

Aww... I was gonna save it for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom