Two questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 model that I acquired a year or so ago. It needs new shocks. What do you guys recommend? It is basically stock. I use it for hunting, fishing, towing boats and motorcycles, family camping duty, and generally knocking around.

2nd question in parts: will the V-8 from later years transplant into my 94? Is this relatively straightforward? Is it a good idea?
Thanks in advance.
henry

Henry,

That is actually four questions, not two. :)

Answers:

Stock shocks are cheap from CDan. American Toyota - vendor section. Won't find a better guy or cheaper.
Yes.
No.
No.

There is info here about the v8 swap on this board if you search. It has been done with a Tundra V8. From what I recall reading, is not cheap, is not "easy" and doesn't net you much power. The guy who did it, didn't recommend it.

Charlie

If you need shocks you should go ahead and go with an OME setup. Even if you don't want any lift they offer stock replacement height suspension that should work for you just fine. They are so much better quality of shocks then stock. Yeah the whole V8 thing I have heard is not worth it like CharlieS said. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom