1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two questions...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 72tlcnelson, Mar 3, 2004.

1. 72tlcnelson

72tlcnelson

I was just wondering 1... the advantages of going with a propane setup over diesel or gas and 2...What is the stock pinion or diff housing angle on a 40...I have just finished a spring over but need to weld up perches and such. Everything is basically bolted together but I want to get the right angle before I weld it up. I was told by a local 4x4 shop that anywhere between 6-13 degrees would be fine. As it sits now, front pinion angle is 6 degrees and rear is almost 10. Any info would be great.

2. Rice

Rice SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    You may wish to visit the "tech" section on Tom Wood's homepage. This is perhaps the best info out on how to align your driveline. If not using a CV joint such as a double cardan joint it means your objective is to MATCH the angles at the front and rear of the shaft. The bigger the angle, the more critical it is to match them. If you do use a CV joint it means the angle at the pinion needs to be zero and at the transfer case can be whatever.

Link:
    http://www.4xshaft.com/

3. tobydog

tobydog

There are some real pluses to propane. Emissions no problem expect to see lots of these in the future for this reason. No valve clatter ever. Spark plugs absolutly clean. Oil clean. Downside: Where to put tank. Can't stor vehicle indoors without alarm system for leaks. Shops can't put them inside eather. Know personally of a shop that made this mistake.

4. 3_puppies

3_puppies SILVER Star

it's alot easier at midnight to find a place that sells gas as opposed to propane.