For Sale TWO FJ60s for one price in GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2 for 1 - 1987 FJ60 (174k miles) and matching parts rig - SOLD
Located in Marietta, GA - 30min North of Atlanta.

Here are the details for the truck:
<<<ADDITIONAL PICTURES HERE>>>

I purchased this stock FJ60 several years ago from a meticulous guy who took good care of it. All he knew about the owner(s) before him was that the rig had been in Texas for most of it's life, which explains the rust-free condition. After a few months, my ASE mechanic friend and I did the following mods...
-Spring over axle lift
-Hy-steer steering kit
-35" BFG M/Ts on black steel rims (matching spare mounted in stock location, and plenty of tread on all five)
-Custom-built double cardan front driveshaft

Went on a couple camping trips and one trip to Canyonlands NP in Utah...no mudding. After that,
-Replaced Aisin carb with a Weber 34/34 kit from JT Outfitters and desmogged.
-Leaf springs replaced with Iron Man 1" over stock springs.

This is a beautiful example of a FJ60 in great shape. I get compliments everywhere I drive in it. So why sell? My plan was to do a V8 conversion but I had to be honest with myself and came to the conclusion that I don't have the time to put it to use enough to justify the cost. For the new owner, it could stay as is, go forward with the V8 swap and have a nice expedition rig, or with the included parts truck can easily go back to stock. So many options.

Exterior is in great shape - no rust and the paint is original as far as I can tell. One of the previous owners must have buffed the pinstriping off, as you can faintly see where they were. There is a small hump in the hood that was a result of the driver side engine mount letting go, allowing the air cleaner screw to hit the hood during the trip to Utah. Mount has been replaced. The forward and rear vent trim pieces were removed and I replaced them with ones that I obtained from Pull-A-Part and painted flat black to go with the wheels (original pieces left unmolested and stored). 48" Hi-Lift jack mounted to rear bumper, and a tow strap is included.

Interior is good as well - the typical driver seat fabric tear and the vinyl on the side of the seat is cracked. The parts truck seats are in even better shape and could be swapped out easily. Dash looks like it was probably replaced before I owned it and is in perfect condition. The rear cargo carpet has a couple bald spots but is also in great shape overall. At some point, the climate control fan stopped working but I was able to use the accessory 12V and a switch to manually turn the fan on and off during the winter for heat...most likely the resistor which can be replaced by the one in the parts truck, as it was working when parked.

Mechanically the truck is in good shape - only the following items need attention:
-The Weber carb needs some tuning...around town it performs great, but at highway speeds/heavy throttle input it hesitates. Correcting this will likely get it to pass emissions again, as I currently have it tagged in a non-emission required county.
-The power steering lines have never been replaced and therefore have a few cracks resulting in a slow leak.
-A/C worked great when I got it, but instead of charging the system when it got low I started purchasing the parts to convert to 134. I have everything but the compressor.

I have replaced the following over the years (aside from normal maintenance items like fuel filter, brake pads, etc):
-Radiator
-Water pump
-Upper radiator hose
-Heater hose

The parts truck is an identical year and color truck that I picked up a few years ago to have backup driveline components. It was used as a snowplow in NC and as a result the frame is rusted beyond repair. I drove it home, sagging on one side, pulled the engine and sold it. Everything else is there. I have a few pictures that I will send to interested buyers, but it is stored at a friend's place about 45min north of my house and will require a car hauler trailer with a winch to get it.

In addition, I have many extra parts that I have hoarded over the years from various places...extra driveshafts, steering wheel, dash components/gauges, trim pieces, etc. I also have the Factory Service Manuals as well as a Haynes manual.

TWO FJ60s (one without engine), plus extra parts - $6000 for fellow MUD members.
image005_1.jpg
image006_1.jpg
image009_1.jpg

Last edited:
What are the chances that you might consider selling w/o the parts rig (and the extra parts), and if so, how much???

Probably a long shot, eh?

Nice rig!

Not that you'll need it, but goo luck with the sale!

Mot

@mot - Not saying I wouldn't consider it, but those interested in all of it would certainly take priority. I'm not in a hurry to sell, but if it doesn't sell in a few weeks we can talk about an offer.

Thanks,

Bump - make me an offer. I will consider offers on the whole package or possibly even the primary truck alone. The price will be lower for the one truck, but not by much, as I will have to deal with the headache of selling the parts truck and extra parts in separate transactions.

ugh... i want them both

i need more money! :bang:

if you know anyone searching for a diesel jetta then id have some funds and we could make a deal ;)

Bump - make me an offer. I will consider offers on the whole package or possibly even the primary truck alone. The price will be lower for the one truck, but not by much, as I will have to deal with the headache of selling the parts truck and extra parts in separate transactions.

Too bad (for me) I'd only be interested in the primary truck and it still would be out of my low-budget budget!

THAT and having it shipped to my in-laws' place in UT would be a killer too!

Good luck with the sale!!

Last edited:
ugh... i want them both

i need more money! :bang:

if you know anyone searching for a diesel jetta then id have some funds and we could make a deal ;)

I don't have any firm offers in hand yet, so if your Jetta sells, shoot me a message.

I wish I coul sell that thing. Been on te market for nearly a year it's higher mileage but dang it's a diesel that that averages 50mpg. I never imagined I wouldn't be able to sell it.

Bump, Nice truck. I am on the same boat with mot. Good luck.

Bump, Nice truck. I am on the same boat with mot. Good luck.

Hey man, get off my boat, dammit!!! :hillbilly:

Desert beige is my favorite color and I would love to get one in as good of a condition as yours, recneps!

Best of luck to you, but I'm sure you'll be able to get what you want out of it if you are patient! ;)

Are you interested in any trades of any kind?

I have a 76 1ton cj7 and a 03 2500 Ram 2500. I am local as well.

Are you interested in any trades of any kind?

I have a 76 1ton cj7 and a 03 2500 Ram 2500. I am local as well.

Sorry for not responding - I never got email notification that there was a post...strange.

Can't do a trade - the CFO of the house wouldn't like that ;)

I like this truck. I have a 2004 Buell XB12R that I need to sell before I do anything (or could trade it, but it sounds like thats not an option...) I also would need to find the time to get up to Atlanta to check it out. Do you ever make it south? I live close to Dothan, AL.

Too bad (for me) I'd only be interested in the primary truck and it still would be out of my low-budget budget!

THAT and having it shipped to my in-laws' place in UT would be a killer too!

Good luck with the sale!!

Hey Mot, I have friends in Atl, would be happy to drive your new rig(s) back to Abq and you could collect them at your convienance.

Naturally I'd have to drive yr new truck once a week or so until you came to pick it up. Just sayn....;)

Hey Mot, I have friends in Atl, would be happy to drive your new rig(s) back to Abq and you could collect them at your convienance.

Naturally I'd have to drive yr new truck once a week or so until you came to pick it up. Just sayn....;)

That's awfully kind of you! :D

There was another desert beige 60 in AZ a few weeks back, but got sold before I was able to pull the trigger.

It sold for less, but not quite as nice as recneps'.

Since I have not sold my Safari kit I have been going back and forth whether to get a 60 or keep the turbo kit. My wife would kill me if I did both! (And kept my HDJ!)

I might consider it more, again if I could purchase the main vehicle w/o the parts truck. But I certainly understand the want of letting them go together!

Best of luck to you with the sale, recneps!

Mot

I like this truck. I have a 2004 Buell XB12R that I need to sell before I do anything (or could trade it, but it sounds like thats not an option...) I also would need to find the time to get up to Atlanta to check it out. Do you ever make it south? I live close to Dothan, AL.

@geared - Shoot me a message if your Buell sells. Already have two motorcycles (1997 Valkyrie and my first bike - 1980 Suzuki GS1100), so adding another to the garage would not be ideal at the moment...unless you happen to have a 1985 Kawa 750 Turbo or a BMW Dual Sport ;)

Thanks for looking,

Truck has been sold

Thanks for looking - truck has been sold. Once I get the parts organized, I will post them and the parts truck.

Now I won't have to worry about "What if...?" anymore... :crybaby:

Congrats!

I'm sure the new owner will be VERY happy with it! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom