Two different length u-bolts on rear (1 Viewer)

My rear axle had different length u-bolts on each side. Weird. one was borderline too short while the other sides nuts were bottoming out. Ill try to find some that are in between these two I guess.

8C5CB8FD-6A95-4BB2-A629-7332F18E0B19.jpeg

Steamer

SILVER Star

A lot of axle U-bolt makers say, they should not be re-used stating the threads are different and designed to stretch the first time they’re torqued. I’ve re-used them myself but then after I found this out, I also found a local shop that makes them to order. Not expensive and they did it in just a few minutes while I waited. They are only plain black steel, so I had to paint them. After installing I re-painted again, threads and all. If they need to come off, I’ll just cut them off and replace them again

pb4ugo

SILVER Star

Steamer's correct. Find a local Spring shop and they'll make them for you. Be sure to get the hardened 2H nuts and washers. Once installed' you may have to cut off a little if they are a little long.

Napa wanted $30 per u-bolt lol. Found a local spring shop to make 4 Plus nuts/washers for under $50.

Think Toyota still has these--check Toyota South online-6865 Jonesboro Rd, Morrow Ga. Kyle Edwards is the Parts mgr-MUD guys get a discount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom