Twin Turbo 1UZ 70 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Cruisers i'm new at this forum. but i joined because i have a 70 series project, and i need cruisers to discuss some ideas.
The proyect:

i own a 70 TLC and a 1UZ engine that we are forging to install a twin turbo system. i need to know if the Land cruiser tranny will resist modification, since we are specting moro than 450 hP and i dont nkow how much torke but i think that a lot too. This TLC is beeing build for up hill sand race.

Any one have info about how much horsepower can handle the H41 tranny and 9.5" axles??
I have another question about trannys, but for latter.

thanks

Hello Cruisers i'm new at this forum. but i joined because i have a 70 series project, and i need cruisers to discuss some ideas.
The proyect:

i own a 70 TLC and a 1UZ engine that we are forging to install a twin turbo system. i need to know if the Land cruiser tranny will resist modification, since we are specting moro than 450 hP and i dont nkow how much torke but i think that a lot too. This TLC is beeing build for up hill sand race.

Any one have info about how much horsepower can handle the H41 tranny and 9.5" axles??
I have another question about trannys, but for latter.

thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum. It will be an interesting build up.
I doubt a H41 will last long,maybe try a later model gearbox from a 80 series.
There is no published info on the HP rating of landcruiser gearboxes that I know of.

I don't know about h.p. figures on the tranny. But on my 1995 A343 with supercharger, my 2nd gear was "hanging" and needed a valve body modification. MANY of us that had the Supercharger with the 4.5 inline 6, needed that modification. The 2nd gear shift was taking too long and needed fixing....keep that in mind.
airlaird

Hola,

We have other members from Chile here.

I suspect the transmission can handle quite a bit of power. Some guys do run Small block Chevy engines on them.

What City do you live in?

Que onda loco !

Here in Panamá we have several V8 pretty nice modified with 500 HP plus with H42 and H55F without problems for now ..

Thanks for the welcome!

Hello, thanks for the welcome... yes, i'm from chile, i live in Iquique but now im living in Antofagasta because of my work at the Team Ljubetic, both are at the atacama desert. here we have a kind of competition that is up hill at very big sand dunes, some hills you climb are 1000 mts of difference betwen the top and the bottom so we need big power(then i`ll send some videos). So, we bought a 1UZ engine, and now we are building the proyect that i told you. the thing is that the jeep that we are looking for is a series 70 for the project, and the particular one that we are planing on modify is with H41 tranny. I was thinking on a H150F or a H151F, they seems to be faster than H55F and H41 and i dont know how much harder. the other thing is that we have a tacoma, but we dont know if is stronger enough for this kind of power... i think not. I also had another FJ74 and i swap a Ford 302 into it and it worked well, but this twin turbo project is much more power than that, well let me know what do you think...

Dynojet

OOOHHH i forgot to tell you that we have a Dyno, so we are working measuring our power to know how much output are we puting on the floor... so the informetion that we can get of this project will be certified!:bounce2:

ohhhhh yeahhh... i saw it before... is a good source of experience for my project.. thanks anyway.
Cristobal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom