Twin Sticking My Transfer Case On My Hilux? Yes No? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this dual transfer case shifter on Trail Gears website:

Trail-Gear Inc > Transfer Case Twin Shifter

Can I put that on my truck pictured below? I don't have dual tcases or really any modifications to my driveline from stock.

Its a 1989 Diesel Hilux Pickup. I guess the trans and transfer case are the same as the north american toys ... The only thing is I THINK they are the same as a V6 toyota here since the Centerforce clutch I put in was for a 91 V6 4runner.

There is a picture of my trans and transfer case on the write up I did on my website when I installed the clutch... If you look at it you may be able to tell me right away if this twin stick will work with it?

Heres the link: Installing a Centerforce Clutch in a 1989 2.8 Liter 3L Diesel Toyota Hilux - 4wheeling Canada

If it will work which one do I need to order from trail gear? They have two different ones... A Top Shift and a Forward Shift... I have no idea what the difference is!

front_bumper3.gif

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

C

says on the site it wont work:

Twin stick shifters will not work with the following:

W56 C or D model transmissions with a single transfer case

Stock chain driven V6 transfer case

Rotated dual case adapter

you got a V6 tranny. you cant do it.
And not that its any of business, but as to why you would want this for a single case, boggles my sick mind. :D

No, I think it fits just fine. You do not have the same t-case and tranny as a runner. The clutch is the same, because of the bolt diameter on the flywheel. It changes in 92...

You do not have chaindriven t-case.

Twins stick on a Toyota will only get you rear wheel drive in low range anyway, which can be achieved by unlockling the hubs. Toyota transfer cases can't do front burns unless you got a driveline disconnect. The only reason anyone would need either of these would be for competition crawling.

IDK if Advanced Adapters still offers it but, no, I rather bolt in a NV4500 if I was going to do all that. IMO, the NV4500 is way more usable throughout, since the gears in Toyota trannys are relatively high.

or find a R151F....

It should be noted that installing a twin stick is not a simple remove old shifter, install new shifter type deal... You have to remove and disassemble the transfer case to remove a pin, and possibly modify the shift rails...

It's an all day sucker....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom