Twin Stick Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering what companies make a twin stick for FJ40's. I have an 82 with a split case and would like to be able to run low range 2wd when I don't need 4wd. The rear locker gets me pretty much everywhere mellow that I need to go and I would rather save the wear and tear on the front driveline and axles. Also, is there an easy and/or cheap way to do this yourself?

beyond cheap and easy...pull the cage for the shifter and either leave it off, or notch it.

nuclearlemon said:
beyond cheap and easy...pull the cage for the shifter and either leave it off, or notch it.

That's exactly how mine is (gate is removed)- since the h55 was installed - pretty nifty to have 2w low even though I've never used it

shift pattern

What is the shift pattern after you remove the cage? Is it an H or does it go directly over to low from the 2HI position? Any pics of this would be great. Also, any problems ever occur with this setup?

trollcruiser said:
What is the shift pattern after you remove the cage? ?
goes directly over...you can move the shifter all over the place. notching is a bit better because it makes it a tad more stable, but i don't have any issues in my 60.

So its lke an O? Or does it just go anywhere? like a bunch of x's all stacked ontop eachoother with some s's and y's thrown in?
And what is this "notching" Sounds violent. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom