Twin Stick Question

I was wondering what companies make a twin stick for FJ40's. I have an 82 with a split case and would like to be able to run low range 2wd when I don't need 4wd. The rear locker gets me pretty much everywhere mellow that I need to go and I would rather save the wear and tear on the front driveline and axles. Also, is there an easy and/or cheap way to do this yourself?

badkarma

Is is edible?
SILVER Star
nuclearlemon said:
beyond cheap and easy...pull the cage for the shifter and either leave it off, or notch it.

That's exactly how mine is (gate is removed)- since the h55 was installed - pretty nifty to have 2w low even though I've never used it

shift pattern

What is the shift pattern after you remove the cage? Is it an H or does it go directly over to low from the 2HI position? Any pics of this would be great. Also, any problems ever occur with this setup?

nuclearlemon

not an addict

trollcruiser said:
What is the shift pattern after you remove the cage? ?
goes directly over...you can move the shifter all over the place. notching is a bit better because it makes it a tad more stable, but i don't have any issues in my 60.

So its lke an O? Or does it just go anywhere? like a bunch of x's all stacked ontop eachoother with some s's and y's thrown in?
And what is this "notching" Sounds violent. :)

Top Bottom