TWIN HEADS, the new series from fox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, thought I would start up the thread for the upcoming Head work on Sammys rig and my new to me DD, who will be call "boost" as nothing else has stuck yet.

Ok, so my most recent question is EGR delete. Thinking this is a good thing to do while we are playing. So, looking for deletes, or will be making some in two weeks.

Parts started showing up..... Got the radiators too..
IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1637.JPG
IMG_1638.JPG
IMG_1639.JPG
IMG_1641.JPG

Some pics of the disassembly. Only got less than a gallon of fluid out of Sammy's rig.

Will start soaking with PB Blaster tonight.

I think you need to do a supercharger delete then sell it to the less privelidged LC owners to the west of you !

SC data for those interested.....

A stock truck on a 4 wheel dyno jet usually makes better 135-145hp around 185ft/lbs so you're seeing about a
177/135 = 31% increase in hp
246/185 = 33% increase in torque
Approx crank power 212*.31% = 278hp
Approx crank torque 275*33% = 366ft/lbs

When are you guys tackling this? I'd like to see/help the process.

More boxes showed up. I tore out the radiator and found a great looking match to what I pulled out.

IMG_1660.JPG
IMG_1652.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
IMG_1658.JPG
More boxes showing up.

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

Very cool. I'm looking forward to this build.

Kelly only other thing I'm thinking about are the injectors. Are you doing anything with yours?

Can I just throw this out there: Don't Google Twin Heads

Watched the video on doing the head work and near the end they talked about putting a garden hose into the top hose of radiator and flushing out the system. Figured I would go ahead and do this now, and avoid some of the mess later. Only thing I did not think about was this artic front coming. So I have water now instead of antifreeze in the engine.

So, it was time for the two rigs to meet...

IMG_1670.JPG

Also, I went to harbor freight and got more extensions 3/8 and a digital torque wrench adapter that the reviews on have been very high on.

IMG_1669.JPG

Picked up the coolant from Toyota and the new nuts for Sammys fan clutch. Thanks Jon!

Just got done watching the video. Pretty much every bolt was "very hard to get to". Looking forward to it. Lots of good tips.

No, they have some wobble, but they are locking, which I like even more. I have wobble head sockets and some u joint pieces.

However, they are harbor freight, so they are about two minutes with a grinder away from becoming wobbles!

Half K, thanks for the help with the video, it was really nice to watch. I am going to make up a board to use that will rest on the inner structure of the fender... seems to help quite a bit.

Not the roof kelly. The hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom