Twin 80's or 4Runner + 80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am searching for some advice from anyone here! I bought my wife a '97 LX450 about 2 weeks ago and getting ready to sell one more vehicle. I love the TLC's but should I have 2? Or shall I buy a 4runner for gas mileage? I just can't help but to think the TLC is a better vehicle... Just looking for some advice and guidance!!

Thanks!

I was thinking of doing the same. I wanted to get a 4runner as a gas saver. However 2 LC's will never hurt :)

Which one of you wants to drive the 4runner? If you both want Landcruisers that the way to go.

Mark

Your not going to save alot more gas with a 4runner, if you do it is going to be very minimal. Go with 2 LCs.

I was thinking of doing the same. I wanted to get a 4runner as a gas saver. However 2 LC's will never hurt :)

You know you're an 80 owner when....

... you buy a 4Runner because of its gas economy.

You know you're an 80 owner when....

... you buy a 4Runner because of its gas economy.

Yeah, Im not so sure that the 4runner will get astounding gas milage. The LC is IMO a nicer vehicle to drive then the 4runner. Enough so, that it is worth it to spend a few extra bucks on fuel.(no offense to the 4runner owners) Or, get 2 LC's and a 4runner. You know that if you dont have one your :princess:will get tired of asking for hers back all the time.
Just my opinion

Get a 4Runner. Theree will be some diversity in your life, plus the 4Runner is not a jewel like th LC so you won't feel bad about banging and denting it around. I had a 4Runner a few years ago and I have only good memories. Cheaper, a little bit more economical, nice and practical overall. It was the 2nd gen., the 3rd gen. is even cooler I guess.

If you are working on and maintaining the LC yourself, as many of us do, then the time spent on learning it all (including browsing MUD) would be double valued if you were to have another same model LC. Think of all this free expert knowledge for the second one, especially since the same job is usually so much faster and easier the second time around!

Get a 4Runner. Theree will be some diversity in your life, plus the 4Runner is not a jewel like th LC so you won't feel bad about banging and denting it around. I had a 4Runner a few years ago and I have only good memories. Cheaper, a little bit more economical, nice and practical overall. It was the 2nd gen., the 3rd gen. is even cooler I guess.

I like the 2nd Gens the best. Minitruck (Hilux) size and simplicity plus rear coils and other creature comforts (and still with a 22RE if you want one).

I have two LX450s and two 4runners

It all depends on preference.

The are both well built and reliable vehicles

the 4runner gets better gas mileage.

With the exception of Front Rotors (IFS), the 4runner is harder to work on. Try changing starter contacts or simply the oil filter in a 3rd gen 4runner vs an 80.

Its a personal preference thing. daughterofromer drove both and preferred the ride and feel of the 4runner. On the other hand ROD (Romers other daughter) liked the 80 better so she has an 80

Then the wife only likes new cars and the 100 is too big. the 4th Gen 4runner was perfect for her and her driving needs with better gas mileage.

To solve the gas mileage problem, I bought a BMW roadster to drive on good weather days. Also limits the wear and tear on the 80 (LX450)

Go for two!

I drive a 92 which I have owned since 94 and the wife has a 97 we picked up in 1999 and we would'nt have it any other way. We have had a couple of 4-Runners in the past, nice rigs just not the same as the 80's. The way I look at is spending more on gas is still cheaper than a $600-$700 new car payment for something that get's somewhat better milage and makes me wish I was in an 80!

My vote is for the 80'S :bounce: but you knew that!

I have two LX450s and two 4runners

It all depends on preference.

The are both well built and reliable vehicles

the 4runner gets better gas mileage.

With the exception of Front Rotors (IFS), the 4runner is harder to work on. Try changing starter contacts or simply the oil filter in a 3rd gen 4runner vs an 80.

Its a personal preference thing. daughterofromer drove both and preferred the ride and feel of the 4runner. On the other hand ROD (Romers other daughter) liked the 80 better so she has an 80

Then the wife only likes new cars and the 100 is too big. the 4th Gen 4runner was perfect for her and her driving needs with better gas mileage.

To solve the gas mileage problem, I bought a BMW roadster to drive on good weather days. Also limits the wear and tear on the 80 (LX450)

*sigh* I still want you to adopt me!:D

What Romer said is so true. I love my 80, but my wife really prefers her 4Runner. We both like eachothers rigs, but it's all preferance!:cheers:

Oh, and never buy a car based on fuel economy... You will end up hating driving it everyday. I'm sure MPG wasn't the only thing on Romers mind when he bought his Z4! In the same way, it wasn't the only thing on my mind when I bought my 328i...

. I'm sure MPG wasn't the only thing on Romers mind when he bought his Z4! In the same way, it wasn't the only thing on my mind when I bought my 328i...

To borrow from another car company zoom zoom

attachment.php

I agree with the above statement. MPG is just part of the equation. Otherwise we would all be driving Honda or Toyota Hybrids. After all, we like to have fun with what we drive :D

Two FZJ80s (same year even) and a Z-28 here. Nothing wrong with having his & hers 80s.

IMHO YMMV

If you are working on and maintaining the LC yourself, as many of us do, then the time spent on learning it all (including browsing MUD) would be double valued if you were to have another same model LC. Think of all this free expert knowledge for the second one, especially since the same job is usually so much faster and easier the second time around!

I think this just might have sealed the deal! Your absolutely correct! I guess I thought having a 4runner would be good diversification, but screw being diverse! I have to admit I like both vehicles. I actually really like the looks of the 4runners but I love driving the cruiser.

This is sage advice.

It's also great, when you discover something that doesn't quite look right on one rig, you can always go to the other one to compare. I've done this numerous times. Occasionally, they're both screwed up in exactly the same way!:doh:

I agree. The BMW is going up for sale real soon. Tired of my wife stealin my truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom