TW Austin has 3 meets in July, extended the invite to us (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TW ATX Chapter Hillcountry Run

WHEN: 7/1/2017, Meet @ Time 8:30am @ Place TDB
ROUTE: SoftToppers Hill Country Route with BBQ Additions (Need suggestions) (Insert Link)

TW ATX Chapter Cheeseburger Loop Run

WHEN: 7/8/2017, Meet @ Time 8:30am @ Place TDB
ROUTE: Cheeseburger Loop with BBQ Additions

TX ATX Chapter Coffee & Cars / Hidden Falls Adventure Park
WHEN:
7/9/2017 Meet @ Time: ~7am Oasis for Coffee and Cars
ROUTE: Convoy to HF @ Time: 9/10am

TW?

Also what is the speed of the convoy?
Lmao!!
Cim, do you want to do the second run?
I just realized that we are going to South Padre island with the family on the weekend of July 1st.

A.J

Lmao!!
Cim, do you want to do the second run?
I just realized that we are going to South Padre island with the family on the weekend of July 1st.

A.J
I won't get back in town until the 8th.

I'm interested in the first and/or second runs. Can you please keep posting details as they come.

A.J

You can just join Tacoma World; no VIN # needed to prove you drive one! The Austin TW folks are very active on their thread, usually 4-5 pages, (not posts), per day. Good peeps, always representing at C&C at the Oasis. I'm going to roll my Taco out on the 7/1 drive.

I might be interested in the 7/8 run. What is the cheeseburger route though? To Cim's point, if any of us is driving an old ass fj40, then it would have to be a sloooow convoy.

Also what is the speed of the convoy?

I might be interested in the 7/8 run. What is the cheeseburger route though? To Cim's point, if any of us is driving an old ass fj40, then it would have to be a sloooow convoy.

I don't know but I will definitely ask. If it makes you feel better, I will definitely be around 80 to 100 kilometers. My poor diesel was never meant to compete with the new kids on the block.

I will get back with more details!

Yes old Toyota diesels were never meant for the US super highways. As long as there are other right lane only drivers I will bring BJ40. If not the Cummins powered 80 can keep up with anything.

Yes old Toyota diesels were never meant for the US super highways. As long as there are other right lane only drivers I will bring BJ40. If not the Cummins powered 80 can keep up with anything.
I'm on the same boat. I might bring the 100 series, in that case I can give them a stopping point so they can meet us. Lol!!

Arn't diesels perfect for long stretches of road and abuse? Isnt that why we use them for our freight?

I've been told they do fine in Australia?

Here is the Cheeseburger loop KML file. I do not have a viewer on this laptop so I cant post it, but here is the link.

If someone would be so kind as to post the visual/text of this route, it would greatly be appreciated.

More details regarding the CheeseBurger Loop:

Cheeseburger Loop - NW Houston / Montgomery | Adventure Rider

Response from a TW member:
"There are others available as well if you search cheeseburger loop in google. As for speed, these are dirt roads and some forest service roads so I am assuming we will be running 25-40MPH. I havent done this route but am guessing based on videos I have seen.

As for catch up spots, I feel we will pass spots we want to take pics and what not and that should provide catch up spots. We could work out these details closer to the time as well."

Ah...probably won't make that run. Thought it was a bit more "local". I'm familiar with that area though as I grew up in Conroe. Have fun!

It will be hot, humid and plenty of mosquitoes!! :)

I could maybe do the first one. Where is the soft toppers route?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom