TVV ( Thermal Vacuum Valve) hose placement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced on the vacuum hoses under my intake and was pretty careful with routing the new lines. However, the TVV lines were not connector to the TVV itself when I took off the intake so I wasn't able to take note of which line went where.

There is a pair of lines that exit the lower intake and go to the TVV, does it matter which line attaches to which nipple of the TVV, or is it just an open/close loop controlled by the TVV? I looked in the FSM and wasn't able to find an answer.

I just replaced on the vacuum hoses under my intake and was pretty careful with routing the new lines. However, the TVV lines were not connector to the TVV itself when I took off the intake so I wasn't able to take note of which line went where.

There is a pair of lines that exit the lower intake and go to the TVV, does it matter which line attaches to which nipple of the TVV, or is it just an open/close loop controlled by the TVV? I looked in the FSM and wasn't able to find an answer.
Do the attached pages help at all?

Attachments

• fzj80_pages.pdf
    188.9 KB · Views: 117
Upper Int6.jpg

Is it humanly possible to replace a bad TVV on the block without removing the exhaust manifold up top?

Last edited:
Based on my reading of the FSM and forum posts, it is just a bimetallic valve that opens once the coolant reaches a particular temperature and allows vaccum to pass. The direction of hoses shouldn't matter in the least.

Anything is possible. I think in this case, you might benefit from skinny arms and the right tools. It is under the rear half of the lower plenum, blocked by an intake runner. You might lave better luck attacking it from underneath if you are going to attempt it without removing the plenum. It is sure to be a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom