TVSS causes 'no start' after disconnecting battery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if TVSS is designed to disable the ignition after reconnecting your battery and there's some procedure to get things running again?

Mine has been disconnected for a few months while I was doing a lot of baseline work. The ECU is powering up (getting dash and check engine light) but I get just get one click when I try the ignition.

I just replaced the battery today because the old one tested bad. No issues starting before I began the work.

My other thought is I have a ground issue.

I had a mess at the battery terminals although I think I got it resolved. Three connections on +: New fusible link, thick black wire that I believe goes to the alternator or starter, and a small red wire with ring terminal that goes in the direction of the headlights. New lug on my short ground wire since it fell apart when I disconnected it.

Appreciate any tips. I was looking at the FSM but I don't see anything about TVSS or alarms in general.

Last edited:
If the "one click" is coming from the starter that would be indicating the the TVSS system is not the cause. The most likely problem is worn contacts/plunger in the starter solenoid. Lots of threads detail the repair.

If the "one click" is coming from the starter that would be indicating the the TVSS system is not the cause. The most likely problem is worn contacts/plunger in the starter solenoid. Lots of threads detail the repair.

I'm not sure that the click sound is the starter but will troubleshoot. If I had to guess, I don't think the starter is engaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom