Turning Japanese ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tucker74

Threads
I'm usually not big on non-functional mods - but when I saw Eric was parting an 80 with the "4WD" mouldings ... I just couldn't help myself :flipoff2: JDM "4WD" moulding and grab bar:

94_moulding2.jpg

94_moulding3.jpg

94_grab_bar.jpg

I gotta stop this now - I already found myself inquiring about the clear corners and JDM markers :eek:

:beer:

Tucker

Ooooohhhh...

You gotta towel rack.....:D

That's what my wife would do with it anyway...:rolleyes:

Droooools....

While some think those are ugly, I like the looks of them. Wonder if there are any that would go good with the dark grey of my 80...

I'm also jelous of your grab bar, but I know I'd **** something up if I tried putting one in mine.

Edit: what did you use to attach the molding to the side? Glue? Epoxy?

cruiserdan said:
Ooooohhhh...

You gotta towel rack.....:D

That's what my wife would do with it anyway...:rolleyes:
She actually appreciates it when she's climbing in ... my slider-step plan might be slipping away :doh:
alkaline747trio said:
Droooools....

While some think those are ugly, I like the looks of them. Wonder if there are any that would go good with the dark grey of my 80...

I'm also jelous of your grab bar, but I know I'd **** something up if I tried putting one in mine.

Edit: what did you use to attach the molding to the side? Glue? Epoxy?
I used 3M trim tape ... getting the old stuff off was a PITA though :rolleyes:

Tucker

Tucker,

looks great! Glad to see you got those on fine. :cheers:

tucker74 said:
I gotta stop this now - I already found myself inquiring about the clear corners and JDM markers :eek:

Tucker,

I'll be waiting. ;p ;)

Mot :hillbilly

You're quick. It looks really good on the white. The rig it came off of was green. I think it would look good on charcoal.

How many hours does the grab handle take to install? I've missed that since I sold my 60. I had installed one in it.

If I had made $ parting this 94 out I was thinking of the taillights and clear corners etc... However, it isn't looking like I'm going to get rich off of this. I had two choices, price stuff cheap and get my $ back or price stuff expensive and have many more sleepless nights wondering if I would make my money back.

ginericfj80 said:
You're quick. It looks really good on the white. The rig it came off of was green. I think it would look good on charcoal.

How many hours does the grab handle take to install? I've missed that since I sold my 60. I had installed one in it.
The grab bar is super easy on the -'94 trucks ... had it installed in half an hour. The '95-'97 take a bit longer since you have to remove the passenger ac duct to install -

:beer:

Tucker

I'd always wondered if there were supposed to be mouldings in the indentation. Where does one find such items if not on a parted out truck?

Sorry for not making it out to see the install..There never seems to be any free time in December.

I did reach under the dash through the opened glove box and felt the threaded holes that were hiding there. Man, that install is probably not even a one banana job for the 93/94 cruisers.

Looks good Tucker!!

I've never seen it on a US spec'd truck although I've heard that they are out there. The one I'm parting out supposedly has origins in Germany. Air Force import years ago. It has all the US emissions stickers so I'm not sure I buy it. It has some terrible wheels on it. The coves are painted Emerald Green to match the body.

brianinaustin said:
I'd always wondered if there were supposed to be mouldings in the indentation. Where does one find such items if not on a parted out truck?
CDan can get these mouldings - they're pretty pricey new though (ask Derek :D ). They also had specific moulding for the 40th and CE trucks ... I believe you can still get the collectors edition stuff without the "Four Weel Drive" on the door as well.

Tucker

tucker74 said:
I believe you can still get the collectors edition stuff without the "Four Weel Drive" on the door as well.

Tucker

Not exactly. You can get the later moulding color but the plain front door mouldings have been replaced by ones that say "FOUR WHEEL DRIVE".

Cdan-
Just how expensive are those moldings to acquire. I really like the look, but don't really want the hassle of dealing with someone who has an over-inflated sense of what their CE is worth when I buy my 80 (soon... have just secured the wife's blessing).

A set sells for about 370 dollars.

CDan-
I may be hijacking this post a little, but in a follow-up to the trim question, are the black pearl emblems also available for purchase?

OH SH*T bars are always greatly appreciated by passengers

ginericfj80 said:
I've never seen it on a US spec'd truck although I've heard that they are out there. The one I'm parting out supposedly has origins in Germany. Air Force import years ago. It has all the US emissions stickers so I'm not sure I buy it. It has some terrible wheels on it. The coves are painted Emerald Green to match the body.

The origins of this truck are very believable. I was just talking to my buddy yesterday about his US SPEC BMW X5 that he bought in Germary while there for the AF. Saved about 15K in taxes and price and shipped it back.

So the US Spec in Germany is possible. Funny thing with his X5, it is the only BMW not made in Germany. So it was made in North Carolina shipped there...then he shipped it back, and still was cheaper. ;) Go figure!

alkaline747trio said:

I think that they kind of dissapear...
4813-1.jpg

4813-21.jpg

Sorry that the pics don't show the moldings very well (not mine, but the Cruiser is), but they should give you an idea of how they look on grey.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom