Turned away from alignment at firestone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interesting occurrence yesterday that I wanted to see if anyone had this response anywhere else. I took our 2017 LC in to have an alignment done st the firestone location since I just put new ko2s on and it definitely was pulling to the right before hand. The firestone tech turned me away saying that they "didn't have the equipment to calibrate or recalibrate the adaptive cruise control or lane departure warning system." I told him I found this suspect considering we've taken two other vehicles we had, two subarus with the eyesight that do all the same functions, and had never been turned away before. He said they shouldn't have done those alignments either. I'm a little suspect since he really couldn't explain to my how those systems actually interface beyond a steering position sensor angle, which to my knowledge isn't adjusted during a front wheel alignment. I'm an engineer, and I know that doesn't mean a technician, but I do a lot of my own work and make a good effort to truly understand how these systems interface both physically and functionally. Called another shop down the road and they said they could do it no problem after explains the situation, SMH. Thoughts? Which I could get an FSM! Tried some of those ISO files on here but the links have dried up. Thanks!

I get my 2016 aligned at Firestone so clearly not true

Christian Brothers had no problem doing my 18 after I installed my suspension.

Thanks everyone. Kind of felt like this was some technically inaccurate assessment. He tried to claim that they buy their own tools sometimes and he didn't have the capability because of that.

You guys happen to know the thread pitch for the back out bolts on the front rotors? I know their m8 but not sure the pitch.

Nvm. Figured out. Hard to know if you're cross threading or just breaking through rust.

M8x1.25 for the record.

Thanks. Had some m8 studs lying around that I knew were 1.25 so I figured they'd build that for commonality.

man....we must get the "special" alignment out here in texas....dealer wanted $129 for stock and $169 for a lifted 200. Mines stock at the moment but when I asked how the lift made correcting camber, caster or tow more labor intensive they couldn't explain it.....kinda crappy that that's what maintenance has devolved to these days. Thanks for the info guys.

Not super surprising to me. My independent shop charges by the hour for alignments on any modified vehicle, rather than a flat rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom