turn signals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockcrawler
i have a 71 fj40 with 69 front turn signals. they only have one filament, and the electric shop here says i have to replace the whole assembly to get parking lights and turn signals, two filaments in the bulb = different sockets. how did the 69 have parking lights and turn signals? or what year started using double filament bulbs?

aren't the parking lights on a 69 on the front bib below the headlights??

Woody is correct, I have a 68 bib and a 70 bib, both have the parking lights there. :)

Gumby, I need a front turn signal for a 73 FJ40. After you hook milesstarkey up I would be interested in getting a turn signal if you have one for sale. Mine is wasted, the housing and everything is pretty much shot. Let me know. Thanks!

Rats! I just looked. I've got four lenses with the chrome rings and four of the relector plates that have the sockets and all that, but no housings for either type.

Bro. Andy donated a ton of stuff to Windy City. I've gone through most of it and taken pics, but I need to find time to get it all on a web site and start selling it. All money raised goes to resurrecting WCLC.

Years ago I took the lower marker light being discussed and switched the Pigtail to a dual element pigtail and remounted the whole thing a little below and to the inside of the headlights to keep wires from being ripped out in the brush. Not sure if it's legal but got me by till the 40 died.

the wiring shop told me i have to change the socket, which i don't think you can do in the turn signal housing. if i'm wrong someone tell me how. please. these are the turn signals on the front fenders.

You could upgrade to 72 fender turn signals which do have dual fillaments ,and with minor wiring they could be adapted to work

or you could get the original running lights back in the front bib

go to a parts store and get some little round orange lights that fit in the bib if you cant find any originals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom