Turn signals turning off cruise control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
WTF..... A few weeks ago I installed a hopkins flat four trailer light harness in my 97.

Amazon product ASIN B0002RNSH8
According to hopkins website this kit works on my rig.

Well I used my cruise control for the first time today after I installed this kit. Now when I use my left or right turn signal the cruise controls turns off. The CC light stays on but it turns off the CC like I hit the brakes.

I am assuming this is somehow related to the hopkins wiring kit.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone else used this kit without cruise control problems?

Any recommendations on other trailer light wiring kits?

Thanks

Last edited:

LED turn signal bulbs will definitely cause that phenomenon. What that has to do with the trailer wiring.. no clue. I installed a 4-pin trailer connector and no turn signal problems. Installed LED bulbs.. instantly cruise / signal problems. Had to install resistors at each corner bulb to correct.

Don’t know if this will help if you do or don’t have LEDs.. a flasher compatible with said LED bulbs.

I have the Hoppy flat 4 in the Lexus. LED brake lamps cause this, not the turn signal bulbs as you would expect. I went back to analog bulbs and all is well.

Sounds like this is my problem. If I recall the PO did install some led bulbs in the tail light housing. I think the bulbs in the bottom are led.

I am just going to disconnect the hoppy for now because I don't need to tow anytime soon. Than I will look closer at my taillights and most likely delete the led bulbs sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom