turn signals going nuts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fjwear.com
I finish painting the cruiser over the weekend so I took the front end appart. when I put back together I noticed that I had a blown fuse and now my turn signals won't blink and they come one when I hit the brakes. I have checked the grounds and they are all fine. Would my problem be the turn signal relay?

Thanks.

- Rico.

I say it's a ground issue. When you press the brakes apparntly the turnsigs are finding a ground through the brake light circuit. Many moon ago I installed a Malottte fiberglass front end and missed a ground to the inner fender and all sorts of weird chit went on, electrically speaking of course.

Try running a jumper from the body of the 1156 turnsig bulb to a good, known, clean ground (or - bat post) and tell us what happens.

Well, I started to follow wires and realized the hazard switch was pulled out and that is what was causing the issue with the turn signals. But now my hazards are not working. So back to tracing stuff.

Actually... I don't think they've ever worked.

thanks for the help.

- Rico.

I do not know about 73 (yours from the sig) but my 1/71 had a burnt turn signal switch that was freaking out the brake lights.

hth,

wiring

Double check your wiring!!!!! My turn signal wiring was reversed on the pass. side and that fubar'd the signals and the running lights and signals on my 76'. Get out the volt meter unhook both your leads on the signals, set the turn lever and check your voltage, adjust accordingly. And always check your gounds... Happy hunting.

Peace
Neal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom