turn signal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, the steering wheel is off and the new turn signal in. But, same problem. Right flashes fine, left one flash sound and it holds on but does not flash. Any ideas?
Ahugg, so frustrating! Stumped by electrical. Thanks for any help.

It could be several things. The first is the switch. But the most probable has to do with the lights, bulbs, wiring.

The symptum you list will happen if one of the following happens:
1) Both front and rear lights are not wired correctly
2) Bulb is burnt out
3) One of the light sockets has a problem

I found this out the hard way when I got my cruiser. The electrical system was in bad shape and none of the blinkers worked. Turned out on mine that the Rear blinker wire had disconnected from the wire bundle in the engine compartment. I thought it was OK because the light come on but just didn't blink. Hope that helps.

Ken

i have almost the same problem, I think it is high resistance in my right hand indicator circuit, because when there is no other load on the battery and the engine revs are high I get some flashing going on, but the second it drops to idle or more lights come on, the flash drops to error cond. But i do notice that when towing a trailer, on which i know the lights work, the right flasher on my car will allways work and will drive the trailer lights as good as new. Its been like that for years, but someday I plan to re-wire, Just not right now.

But yes i do beleive it to be caused by high resistance somewhere which sets off the flasher.

Sam

Hey Ken!
It did turn out to be the bulb (duh). It kind of threw me off because I replaced the bulb a few months ago and last time it went out I didn't have any flashing problems. So, of course I feared the worst but isn't it great when it turns out the be the simplest thing. Yeah! Thanks to everyone else for reading my dumb question and good luck to you Sam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom