turn signal wiring help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
Thanks to @Coolerman, I was able to figure out the output of the turn signal indicator in my '66 FJ40. I have what I think is the working right rear turn signal light (it's the single connector, instead of the double - which is going to the front).

But, the wire at the rear bump is dead. So, where do I look between the turn signal connectors and the rear bumper where I could be losing continuity? From the wiring diagram, it looks like it's a straight run from the turn signal connector to the rear bumper with no more connectors in between. But it's all in wrapped wiring harness, hard to imagine it's gone bad in the harness.

Before I go to the trouble of running a new wire and abandoning the old wire, I want to make sure I've got it right.

Also, my front running light covers are cracked, so I was looking for new ones. But the new ones are yellow and mine are clear. Are they supposed to be yellow or clear in '66?

Last edited:
Thanks to @Coolerman, I was able to figure out the output of the turn signal indicator in my '66 FJ40. I have what I think is the working right rear turn signal light (it's the single connector, instead of the double - which is going to the front).

But, the wire at the rear bump is dead. So, where do I look between the turn signal connectors and the rear bumper where I could be losing continuity? From the wiring diagram, it looks like it's a straight run from the turn signal connector to the rear bumper with no more connectors in between. But it's all in wrapped wiring harness, hard to imagine it's gone bad in the harness.

Before I go to the trouble of running a new wire and abandoning the old wire, I want to make sure I've got it right.

Also, my front running light covers are cracked, so I was looking for new ones. But the new ones are yellow and mine are clear. Are they supposed to be yellow or clear in '66?

Buy
Quantity
Part Number
Description
Price
In Stock
Picture
(Click to Enlarge & Close)
150-01A-C
CLEAR PARKING LAMP ASSEMBLY -
Fits 1958-10/69 40 & 45 series - FJ25 can also use lamp with bib modification
On Sale - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
yes.png

150-02B
PARKING LAMP LENS-
Clear-Fits 1958-10/69 FJ25, FJ40 & FJ45
On Sale - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
yes.png

In my view, as long as the wiring is schematically correct in terms of functionality, I would not have any qualms about running a new wire here and there.

So, when why are there two colors? When clear and when yellow?

And the yellow is $30 and the clear is $50?
SOR as the assembly for $50 and just the lens for $40+ - yikes.

Last edited:
So, I pulled the wiring harness from the bumper into the engine bay and unwrapped it to try and figure out why I have no lights on the driver's side in the back. @Coolerman I'm hoping you, or someone, can help me out.

Why is there a second Green yellow coming out of the harness half way down. Is the Red/Blue the back up light?

Otherwise, I didn't see anything obvious in the harness.

rear bumper wiring harness.jpg

I've done that. The wiring diagrams are useful, but not totally complete. For instance, I did not realize that behind my air tank there were two connectors that connect the harness going along the frame to the back to the main harness running to the front. and in looking at those, I exposed this that had been behind the tank and against the rib on the firewall.

Something had rather brutally cut the two wires I'd been chasing. So, problem solved.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

I'm still not sure why there are two green-yellows in this particular harness. The wiring diagram doesn't explain it as it doesn't show the two connectors. But, I'll figure it out eventually.

Awesome - thanks Coolerman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom