turn signal schematic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year and model, if you please.

I have the Toyota Chassis and Body manual fotr the 72, if I have time tonight I'll scan the diagram in and e-mail it to you. I tried to do it at work but its only set up for .fs files. E-mail me at XJnation@netzero.com and I will try to reply with an attachment. Any other stuff you might need let me know. I also have the factory manual for the f engine. Tim

ok, so now does anyone know the internal workings of the turn signal switch. What pins are common etc... I dont have mine to look at but I am planning on working on it this weekend and would like to have this stuff worked out. Anyone?

There is a schematic for a 71 in tech links that is probably close enough.
http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/72fj40-wire/71fj40_wire.gif

Print it out full size and trace the paths of the turn and flasher circuits.

If you describe what the problem is in detail, it might be easer to get what you want to know. The internal workings are complex and there are a lot of "common"wires.

Lately I am having to apply additional pressure to activate the passenger-side indicators.
Is the turn-signal switch rebuild-able?

Drivers-side works perfectly,
manny

Manny;
it might be just dirty; get some electonic cleaner spray (CRC QD Electronic Cleaner) and spray the heck out of it. Radio Schack might carry same...

No problem we-working the turn signal switch, it's really quite elementary. Pull the steering wheel ( you don't need a puller, just loosen the nut nearly all the way off, leaving 3 or 4 threads on, either pull it back and forth while applying pressure towards yourrself, or have someone strike it on the back side w/a rubber mallett while you provide outward pressure, it should come right off. The nut is to prevent your head from contacting the roll bar at high speed. Pull the switch and dissasemble...usually the contacts just need cleaning...

One thing: there is a pin on the switch bracket that is supposed to hold the switch in the proper place on the column. If that pin breaks, and the switch slides down, even if it is still connected to the lever, I have found it can malfunction. I found that repositioning mine to where it is supposed to be on the column fixed just exactly the problem MrManny describes. And I'll replace the switch with one that has the pin eventually.

thanks guys

I found out at rubithon that our heater switches are also serviceable..
Don't you just love how you have the option of servicing electrical components on our FJs :D

Dave,
How much was a new switch?

:D
mr_manny said:
Dave,
How much was a new switch?

I'll have to see when CDan gets it in! :D

Texx, cant find pictures of your the 40 in your avatar, got any???

"and now we return to normal programming"

:blatant hijacker:

ok well when I take the turn signal switch apart I will draw up a small spech sheet on it because its not that hard to show the workings of a switch. I didn't even get to working on the switch this weekend but I did find more rust. found a bubble in the paint that turned into holes in the hood. I hate the coast. cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom