Turn signal relay (video on youtube) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all -- I've tried to avoid posting yet another turn signal thread and I've went through several on the forum which have helped a ton. However, I can't seem to solve my issue. Here is a link to a video I created that I hope cuts through most of the questions.

I also found (in a previous thread) this info on the hazard/signals: Hazard/TurnSignal Operation - http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/6A.htm

I presume its maybe the relay but I'd much rather fix the original relay if possible. Attached are a few up close images of my relay. Maybe someone out there has a tip for troubleshooting an original relay??

Thanks everyone,

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

IMG_6909.jpg

So with the flashers on your pulling enuf amps to activate the flasher because all bulbs are activated. Do both frt and rear right side illuminate when the right turn signal is turned on? Your flasher is most likely good because the left side works. You don't show what's going on with the right rear. Both frt and rear needs good grounds, proper size good bulbs and clean sockets. Are you sure the frt ground is for all the sockets in the housing? Earlier turn housings need to be bolted to the fender. I think you need 2 -1156 (single element) bulbs to pull enuff amps to activate the flasher. The mechanical flasher is activated by the load of the bulbs.

Put the left side bulbs in the right side fixtures and see what happens. Has this always been a problem?

Very good!! Once again--"Claudia's Admonition" is proven--ie "it's a ground Issue"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom